Puig Plus Screen

Thread starter
My Puig came with two small adhesive felt pads that you can mount on the instruments where they may contact. I used them as I pulled my screen back close to the pod.
 
Rolls_imp said:
The Plus. Other doesn't seem a good fit for our headlight or gauges.
I wish they had an image of that other one on a normal bike not a scooter... I might try contacting them to ask...

Actually went to the puig website and saw a better picture, unfortunately not on a bike but a better image. They actually have a couple that caught my eye... Wish I could remember the model names, will have to go back and get them..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
i too installed the smoked puig plus. i'm very happy with it also. i'm 5'7" tall and it was just right. i installed the mounting bracket inside the headlight mount and it has never moved. just get one and you won't be disappointed. i've done about 1,000 miles with it on and will not take it off.
 
I've mentioned that the Puig Plus works well for me, but I hadn't mention my size. I'm 5'9" 185 lb. and my jeans are 30" inseam. Blocks the chest, no buffeting on the helmet. I hate buffeting.
 
I'm 6'1, but with a 32" inseam. I guess that means that Rolls and I are pretty close in upper body height. I hope so, cuz I'm going with the Puig.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I'm 6'1, but with a 32" inseam. I guess that means that Rolls and I are pretty close in upper body height. I hope so, cuz I'm going with the Puig.
Let me know how it is for you. I to have the 32" inseam and the 6'1" frame..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Tell ya what...of you can wait until spring, dBuster, we can meet someplace between LaCrosse and Chicago and swap bikes for a bit so you can see what it's like.
 
I do not like my Puig Plus. As a reminder, I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam. I rode 500 miles with it yesterday (In 12 hours, which my clever friends on Facebook have named "Tin Can" as 1/2 of an Iron Butt).

Quality/finish: excellent. Puig's screens are well-built and the two I have owned installed very easily without a lot of instruction, which is good, because the included instructions are, ummm, minimalist.

Mounting: A little problematic. If you get this screen, you will want to mark the position of your headlight in relation to its bracket. I needed a second set of hands to adjust the headlight while keeping the screen where I wanted it. I also found that I had to torque down hard on the headlight mounting bolts to keep the screen in from slipping back and out of position under wind pressure at speeds over 60 mph. Perhaps someone else with this screen found a special locking washer in the bag full of extra parts that was included with the screen.

Performance: Noisy!! I can't really call it "buffetting" because I did not feel my head moving around, but the noise in my HJC full face helmet was incredible. I was forced to wear earplugs to get some relief. I leaned my head to the side of the screen and the noise reduced to the level I was used to without the screen. The screen, rather than reducing wind pressure, seemd to concentrate it on my shoulders and the very top of my chest. I think that the wind is then deflected under my chin into my helmet, creating the noise. I cannot adjust it upright enough to get the airflow over the very top of my helmet nor swept back enough to have clear air around my head.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed that it didn't work better for me. I defiantly think it would work great for someone a bit shorter.
 
Rolls_imp said:
Yep, only one mounting point on each side. Seems to work, though. I haven't noticed it moving back and rubbing the instruments.
The specs as listed on Amazon says the Puig Plus is "Wind tunnel tested," whatever that means.
 
I had the same outcome with the Puig Plus ad CB4ME and I'm similar in height. I replaced it with an extra layer on cold days and have been windshield-less ever since.
 
Thread starter
There are so many variables to consider when buying a windscreen. What works for one person is unacceptable for another. The Puig works perfect for me but then, I am of average height 5' 6".
 
Thanks guys. I knew that EmptySea and CB both were similar in height as me - I'm 6 feet zero inches. So I was curious what they had move to from the Puig Plus.

Was also considering the Deflector DX, but I'm uncertain how well it can be "moved around" or "adjusted" on the 14 DLX, since the guage cluster is different than the 13.
 
My Puig Plus arrived yesterday and I installed it last night. So far, the appearance is a whole lot better than its performance but I'm still tweaking it, trying to find that magic setting. It does fit the 2014 model year with room to spare. I suppose small windshields offer minimal resistance to wind regardless of brand.
 
Back
Top