Puig Plus Screen

Redbirds, please measure from the ign to top of screen for me please.
 
Well it is interesting, in that most of the guys with shields that have reported no buffeting to the helmet, but relief from chest air pressure have been in the 8 1/2 to 10" above the ign range. Yours maybe due to shape is above that. Thanks for measuring. Post up a pic of your bike when you get a chance.
 
Thread starter
Here's the pics.

a5eb61cdf77f0d7cf3b5775ca43e502c.jpg


f36635563cb8bd175076aa1563cb6b7f.jpg


8c8652d5d705aa58edac123ee8a7ecf3.jpg
 
After 7 months and 8,000+ miles, I've been very satisfied with the Puig. Appropriate wind blockage, zero problems, no buffeting, and it's holding up well (no hazing, fine scratches, or other signs of wear/age appearing).

I mounted mine slightly differently, though, redbirds... I slid the metal bracket down on the inside of the headlight support. Because the Puig bracket is so thin, it slid in there nicely.
 
Thread starter
Rolls_imp said:
After 7 months and 8,000+ miles, I've been very satisfied with the Puig. Appropriate wind blockage, zero problems, no buffeting, and it's holding up well (no hazing, fine scratches, or other signs of wear/age appearing).

I mounted mine slightly differently, though, redbirds... I slid the metal bracket down on the inside of the headlight support. Because the Puig bracket is so thin, it slid in there nicely.
I intend to do that also. Makes for a cleaner looking mount.
 
I like the look. But I wonder how it would be for me and my 6 foot 1 inch tall frame.

Or is there a different recommendation for me. I have the main threads talking about the different screens subscribed but it is so hard to decide and it isn't like you can buy one install it and if it doesn't suit you return it for a different one or can you?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Matt with a Deflector there will be a couple inch adjustment depending on how close to the headlight or how high it is mounted. I'd venture a guess between 11 and 15 or 16 inches. Maybe someone who has one like Flynrider can measure it for you.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Ferret, do you know the ignition-to-top measurement on the NC Deflector?
I have my Deflector DX sitting on the headlight with the rake set so it clears the gauges by about 1/4". From the ignition to the top edge of the shield is 13" exactly.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Oops, I thought you had the Deflector. You have the taller one, though, right?

Yes, I have the NC Street Shield EX. I need to cut it down some one of these days.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Thanks, Flynrider...now...how's the buffetting and how tall are you? :)
I'm 5'8" (30" inseam). With the Deflector set the way it is, the wind starts hitting my helmet just below the bottom edge of the visor on my full face helmet at highway speeds. I haven't really noticed any buffeting. My head doesn't move at all.
 
Well. Based on the comments in this and other threads, I may be leaning toward the Puig screen. The NC Deflector is interesting, but the Puig had more of a bikini fairing look which I like. I was thinking of the Dart Flyscreen, but the Puig seems to offer the protection I want along with the retro look that I crave. BTW, I'm 6'1" 250 lbs with a 34" inseam, so if you have another idea, please speak up. :)
 
I am thinking I will change over to the Puig. I do have one question though, What keeps the shield upright? I can see no mounting for the top of the shield to keep it from moving back and rubbing the instruments. Is there only one mounting point on each side?
 
Yep, only one mounting point on each side. Seems to work, though. I haven't noticed it moving back and rubbing the instruments.
 
Back
Top