Prolly get flamed here, but

Griz53_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Started riding in 1970 Honda 305 then 350 and then the grand CB750 !
Later got into Harleys and continued until legs made me quit in 2018.
Last October I was out with a buddy and he needed to stop at a canam dealer for a oil filter, I wandered in with him & spotted a flashback to my youth, a gleaming 2013 CB1100 used for sale, I had to sit on it and got to thinking this may work with it being 1/3 lighter than my last harley. At home that nite I researched the CB1100's with finding all great reviews I had my wife drop me at that shop 50 miles away the next day ! Made the deal and headed home with a grin BUT about 10 miles into the ride home I realized my old legs could not take being tucked up under me to get on the pegs, rest of the ride home was spend trying to move around but didnt help, bike was GREAT but I had to make it fit ME if I kept it......
Started searching for forward controls but no way anyone made them for the CB, SO I made it my mission during the course of the winter to make this bike work for me ! Designed & built my forward controls which worked great then decided I needed higher bars so put on some mini apes that really helped ! Then added stretched out highway pegs to really get the legs out on longer rides, last I made a backrest (only ride solo). Then added some saddle bags and sissy bar I made along with some soft bags on that , then a windshield..fits me fine now ! NO its not the naked bike the CB was meant to be but still the same heart & sole and pleases me !
 
  • Like
Reactions: JRD
hey whatever you have to do to allow you to keep riding is ok in my book. Congrats.
 
What Ferret said.
 
Glad you found the solution to keep your ride comfy :thumbsup:
You have a good tire in the front, PR3/120!

As to your Can-Am friend, which one does he have, the Spyder, what year??
 
I put forward hiway pegs on the engine bars on my '14 standard, and even tho' I only used them less than 5% of the time, it was sure nice having a different leg position for long hours on multi-day trips. Got lucky, a local dealer had a set for all of $20.

The side cases look great!
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Glad you found the solution to keep your ride comfy :thumbsup:
You have a good tire in the front, PR3/120!

As to your Can-Am friend, which one does he have, the Spyder, what year??

He has a 2014 Spyder i do his service work on his MANY vehicles, that spyder can be a pita to work on LOL
pdedse_imp said:
I put forward hiway pegs on the engine bars on my '14 standard, and even tho' I only used them less than 5% of the time, it was sure nice having a different leg position for long hours on multi-day trips. Got lucky, a local dealer had a set for all of $20.

The side cases look great!
Thanks ! They were a 58 buck amazon deal ! Not the greatest bags but with the matching paint they fit the bill ! Mine had highway pegs on engine guard also when I bought it but with long sore legs I needed a couple more inches to fully extend them
 
So, this is a 1.3L Rotax 3 cyl engine... any problems with these Spyders??
I know these are pita to work on.
 
I could never fault a guy for going to that much work to make his beloved CB1100 the ride he wants. That is the great thing about this bike - it is so many things to so many people.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
So, this is a 1.3L Rotax 3 cyl engine... any problems with these Spyders??
I know these are pita to work on.
many have parking brake issues and its not a cheap fix, my buddy carries a wheel chock LOL
Im thinking of a Ryker they fit me better.... I cannot drive the spyder, cant get far enough back on the seat ! Besides the Ryker is sporter LOL
 
Hey Griz: Is there a meaningful amount of zen behind that windshield?

Looks like yer CB1100 is tuned for maximal comfort. Gotta like that.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey Griz: Is there a meaningful amount of zen behind that windshield?

Looks like yer CB1100 is tuned for maximal comfort. Gotta like that.
Zen ? not really, when on 2 wheels I try to stay focused LOL
 
Griz53_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey Griz: Is there a meaningful amount of zen behind that windshield?

Looks like yer CB1100 is tuned for maximal comfort. Gotta like that.
Zen ? not really, when on 2 wheels I try to stay focused LOL
Zen ? not really, when on 2 wheels I try to stay focused LOL
Maybe some clarity: How is the wind noise and head buffeting behind your windshield?
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Griz53_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey Griz: Is there a meaningful amount of zen behind that windshield?

Looks like yer CB1100 is tuned for maximal comfort. Gotta like that.
Zen ? not really, when on 2 wheels I try to stay focused LOL
Zen ? not really, when on 2 wheels I try to stay focused LOL
Maybe some clarity: How is the wind noise and head buffeting behind your windshield?
Zen ? not really, when on 2 wheels I try to stay focused LOL
Maybe some clarity: How is the wind noise and head buffeting behind your windshield


Not bad until I try to shoot predators over the windshield LOL-----there is some but I rarely ride above 65mph---unless I miss the predator and its chasing me ;)
 
Congratulations on making YOUR ride! Those side cases do look great. I'm not a fan of side cases on this bike but I would want those if I were to do it.
 
Hey Griz, you found the bike you love and made it work for you. That's the best way to go.
Question... those match-painted red side covers. Did you paint those when you got the bike, or were they on the bike when you got it?
I bought a pair of red covers from someone here on the forum, but have not seen another pair.
 
That bike looks great! I love the panniers.

Now, FLAME ON--needs RLETs now!!--FLAME OFF :D
 
... I was wondering how long we'd go before the RLETs were mentioned.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Hey Griz, you found the bike you love and made it work for you. That's the best way to go.
Question... those match-painted red side covers. Did you paint those when you got the bike, or were they on the bike when you got it?
I bought a pair of red covers from someone here on the forum, but have not seen another pair.

I painted them, I am retired but restore muscle cars & vintage broncos for a side bizz.....painting is a part of that, they are not a exact match, the original color is a tri-coat but its close enough for me
Lord Popgun_imp said:
That bike looks great! I love the panniers.

Now, FLAME ON--needs RLETs now!!--FLAME OFF :D
ok so im OLD, what the sam heck is a RLET ? can a doc cure it ?
 
RLETs are these

0fb73cbbcf682b8fa27ff0a530b60871.jpg


http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17715&highlight=RLETs

:beerchug:
 
Back
Top