Product Testing - the hard way

When the temps climb towards the 90's, I switch over to an Alpinestars Air jacket that incorporates mesh panels designed to govern moisture (sweat) evaporation. In effect it feels a bit like having air conditioning when you are moving. I also have some overpants with the same design that I wear year-round. Still not sure just how sturdy this stuff is — I'm not a fan of nylon zippers. But I'm in no hurry to find out.

Which reminds me that I meant to ask if you had any protective gear on your legs during the accident?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have a vented jacket and if it gets too hot like way into the z90s I will pour water on my t shirt and ride with the vented jacket and it gets cold even.

Today I started out in an unvented jacket. About 3 oclock I shed the jacket and just rode in a long sleeve T. I was also wearing blue jeans and by afternoon no gloves. Oh well......
 
Cb4me...I'm glad you were ok. Bikes can be replaced...we can't. Were you wearing any protective pants? I always wear a Mesh Jacket in the summer or a Leather one in the winter...but never more than a pair of jeans with them. I'm sure that's not smart.
 
Thread starter
I always wear jeans and boots, even on the hottest days. But regular jeans are no match for pavement in the knee area.

I should probably try to find some jeans with knee and hip protection. Any recommendations?
 
I bought a pair of Dainese Alien leather pants. They are awesome - highly recommended. Chicks dig leather too....unless you share a bank account with them :(
 
I have some super sliders jeans that are reinforced with kevlar and double thick on the knees. They're great for riding to work or a party or anywhere else your pants should be inconspicuous.
 
glad youre okay CB!

I crashed on some draggin Jean pants $114.00 @ revzilla. They are Kevlar Jeans that held up pretty well when it happened, the jeans got tore up but the kevlar held up really well.

I found that kushitani leathers in japan makes leather pants that looks identical to regular jeans pants.
They are washable leather and have pockets for knee protectors and are really well made. got a pair from takashi

heres a link
http://www.kushitani.co.jp/kushitani-web/productsexplorer.html
 
Back
Top