Prices unexpected

I remember the Honda dealership trying to sell me an RS. Surprisingly, it stayed on the showroom floor for more than half the year.
 
I bought a water Buffalo in Edmonton and registered it in Alberta. This was back in 75. I put a NY plate on it in 77 with no problems that I can remember? Of course the USA has a bureaucratic problem similar to Imperial China in 2021.
 
Labrador12_imp said:
I bought a water Buffalo in Edmonton and registered it in Alberta. This was back in 75. I put a NY plate on it in 77 with no problems that I can remember? Of course the USA has a bureaucratic problem similar to Imperial China in 2021.
At least you didn't have to deal with metric instrumentation and such during import registration and certification. Canada was just barely one year into the metric system in '77, so there was probably an adjustment period to ween off the olde world imperial system. Totally compatible with 2021 'merica.
 
Thread starter
More on the RS/EX market, just one example. A big m/c online platform, with listings from all over Europe, shows today 18 CB/s RS, and 2 CB/s EX. Both EX from 2020 and expensive, the RS models from 2017 to 2020. May not be representative, but telling.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
You can always order the RS parts from Honda and install them.

Probably cheaper than any other route.
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590 I would love to move to Canada, but do not know the first thing about moving to another country. I will be re-retired after this year, and I am going to leave HOT south Texas for parts north.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I could never move to Canada. It would mean putting away my bike for half the year. Unacceptable. I dont know how people can stand to do that
Maybe if you move to Winnipeg or Ottawa. Denver, Colorado is worse.

In the Victoria and Vancouver area, British Columbia one might lose a month combined of riding.

In southern Ontario it varies widely year-to-year, but count on at least three months off. I ride as road opportunities permit in the winter.

Nevertheless, stay in SC. Nice 'n' green down there.
 
michael1954_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
You can always order the RS parts from Honda and install them.

Probably cheaper than any other route.
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590 I would love to move to Canada, but do not know the first thing about moving to another country. I will be re-retired after this year, and I am going to leave HOT south Texas for parts north.
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590 I would love to move to Canada, but do not know the first thing about moving to another country. I will be re-retired after this year, and I am going to leave HOT south Texas for parts north.
Come to WNC , you can ride nearly the whole year and it is beautiful as well .
 
When I lived in northern Minnesota we canoed, hiked, fished (a little bit)mountain bikes, cross country skiied, Motorcycling was a minority activity. UTV's weren't a thing yet and I didn't snowmobile.

There are so many things to do in all the seasons up North I don't see a reason to be bummed because you can't ride. Life is too short to limit yourself.
 
How can this not be fun?




Not many would be doing this with their CB1100, unless they had a spare (preferably a white one that they could waste away).
 
michael1954_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
You can always order the RS parts from Honda and install them.

Probably cheaper than any other route.
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590
Nope, move to Canada to get this one and enjoy riding it:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/st-catharines/honda-cb1100-rs-2018/1591077590 I would love to move to Canada, but do not know the first thing about moving to another country. I will be re-retired after this year, and I am going to leave HOT south Texas for parts north.
Come to southern Ohio, decent 4 season weather with some mostly mild winter, great roads, reasonable cost of living, close to Michigan, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Pennsylvania,
 
EX prices in the UK are still fairly premium. £8,800 to £8,995 (~$12,000 US) for low mileage 2019/20 bikes. I consider my dealer purchased 2018 registered EX at £6,500 an absolute bargain now, that was just 12 months ago.
 
Back
Top