Price You Paid for Your CB

I'm not quite 5'6", so I know vertically challenged. The Japan spec seat is about 1" lower and works just fine for me and my '13. Got a really good deal from Mr T. If seat height is your main concern, this is another option for you
 
ncgeezer_imp said:
I'm not quite 5'6", so I know vertically challenged. The Japan spec seat is about 1" lower and works just fine for me and my '13. Got a really good deal from Mr T. If seat height is your main concern, this is another option for you
Appreciate the advice. I am 5 5 and I am borderline with my 750 but I have not dropped it yet. I dont want anything any taller but at the same time I dont want a low v twin cruiser of some sort. I want a cb1100 and will have to find a way to make it work for me.
 
NHCB_imp said:
Bought my 13 this spring for $8876 (I think that was the final number) out the door. I bought it at Naults in Windham NH. I brought the bike home and was looking at it and admiring it when I noticed a gouge in the right engine cover. They said they couldn't do anything for me because there wasn't enough profit into the bike. That was the 5th bike I bought there and now the last.

A question for The Ferret. You said one of the differences between the 13 and 14 was the metal sprocket cover. Do you know if it will fit the 13?
Well, kind of a convoluted answer to that one. It doesn't fit exactly. CB4ME a forum member bought one for his 13 and I believe 1 of the bolt holes did not line up but he put it on without that bolt. So its on there but not a direct fit if that makes any sense. It's not going to fall off and there is no oil in there to leak out, it's just a protective guard.

Edit....Found his thread

Heads up on 2014 Sprocket Cover

OldF7Guy_imp said:
I have been sorely temped to go for a 2013. Deep down, I know I would end up trading/selling it for a 14dlx at some point. The two things that really matter to me are the 6th gear because I do more interstates than I would like and the dual pipes. They just look right imo and I like the red side cover plus the bigger gas tank although I think the 13 gas tank looks a little better. There would nothing in the world wrong with a 13 though.
The ferret_imp said:
AL there are a lot of differences besides the 6 th gear. I will try and list them but usually forget a few

ABS standard
.7 gallon larger fuel tank
Gear indicator
Trip computer
Taller patterned seat
Taller handlebars
4 into 2 pipes
Chrome head pipes
Polished brake and master cylinder covers
Chrome bar ends
Polished passenger grab rail
Polished top triple tree
Metal counter shaft sprocket cover
Color matched side covers
Different instruments
Smaller turn signals
Repositioned head light
Different switch pods on the bars
Silver engine
Silver wheels

Any of that appeal to you?
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
I am 5'6" as well short inseam to boot. You can feel a different shape under your butt. Kind of a humped feeling instead of a flat feeling. Doubt there is a half inch difference in seat height. I would not let that keep me from getting a 14 dlx. If nothing else a good upholsterer could shave it for you and no one would ever know. Frank at Greatdaytoride.com did my ST seat 1" lower and his long distance foam and it looks exactly like a stock one. Some like the 14 seat better, I like the LOOKS of the 14 seat better, but I think the 13 seat was more comfortable. But I wouldn't give up the look of the 14 seat. It absolutely goes with the Dlx.
 
The ferret_imp said:
NHCB_imp said:
Bought my 13 this spring for $8876 (I think that was the final number) out the door. I bought it at Naults in Windham NH. I brought the bike home and was looking at it and admiring it when I noticed a gouge in the right engine cover. They said they couldn't do anything for me because there wasn't enough profit into the bike. That was the 5th bike I bought there and now the last.

A question for The Ferret. You said one of the differences between the 13 and 14 was the metal sprocket cover. Do you know if it will fit the 13?
Well, kind of a convoluted answer to that one. It doesn't fit exactly. CB4ME a forum member bought one for his 13 and I believe 1 of the bolt holes did not line up but he put it on without that bolt. So its on there but not a direct fit if that makes any sense. It's not going to fall off and there is no oil in there to leak out, it's just a protective guard.

Edit....Found his thread

Heads up on 2014 Sprocket Cover

OldF7Guy_imp said:
I have been sorely temped to go for a 2013. Deep down, I know I would end up trading/selling it for a 14dlx at some point. The two things that really matter to me are the 6th gear because I do more interstates than I would like and the dual pipes. They just look right imo and I like the red side cover plus the bigger gas tank although I think the 13 gas tank looks a little better. There would nothing in the world wrong with a 13 though.
The ferret_imp said:
AL there are a lot of differences besides the 6 th gear. I will try and list them but usually forget a few

ABS standard
.7 gallon larger fuel tank
Gear indicator
Trip computer
Taller patterned seat
Taller handlebars
4 into 2 pipes
Chrome head pipes
Polished brake and master cylinder covers
Chrome bar ends
Polished passenger grab rail
Polished top triple tree
Metal counter shaft sprocket cover
Color matched side covers
Different instruments
Smaller turn signals
Repositioned head light
Different switch pods on the bars
Silver engine
Silver wheels

Any of that appeal to you?
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
I am 5'6" as well short inseam to boot. You can feel a different shape under your butt. Kind of a humped feeling instead of a flat feeling. Doubt there is a half inch difference in seat height. I would not let that keep me from getting a 14 dlx. If nothing else a good upholsterer could shave it for you and no one would ever know. Frank at Greatdaytoride.com did my ST seat 1" lower and his long distance foam and it looks exactly like a stock one. Some like the 14 seat better, I like the LOOKS of the 14 seat better, but I think the 13 seat was more comfortable. But I wouldn't give up the look of the 14 seat. It absolutely goes with the Dlx.
Well, kind of a convoluted answer to that one. It doesn't fit exactly. CB4ME a forum member bought one for his 13 and I believe 1 of the bolt holes did not line up but he put it on without that bolt. So its on there but not a direct fit if that makes any sense. It's not going to fall off and there is no oil in there to leak out, it's just a protective guard.

Edit....Found his thread

Heads up on 2014 Sprocket Cover

OldF7Guy_imp said:
I have been sorely temped to go for a 2013. Deep down, I know I would end up trading/selling it for a 14dlx at some point. The two things that really matter to me are the 6th gear because I do more interstates than I would like and the dual pipes. They just look right imo and I like the red side cover plus the bigger gas tank although I think the 13 gas tank looks a little better. There would nothing in the world wrong with a 13 though.
The ferret_imp said:
AL there are a lot of differences besides the 6 th gear. I will try and list them but usually forget a few

ABS standard
.7 gallon larger fuel tank
Gear indicator
Trip computer
Taller patterned seat
Taller handlebars
4 into 2 pipes
Chrome head pipes
Polished brake and master cylinder covers
Chrome bar ends
Polished passenger grab rail
Polished top triple tree
Metal counter shaft sprocket cover
Color matched side covers
Different instruments
Smaller turn signals
Repositioned head light
Different switch pods on the bars
Silver engine
Silver wheels

Any of that appeal to you?
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
I am 5'6" as well short inseam to boot. You can feel a different shape under your butt. Kind of a humped feeling instead of a flat feeling. Doubt there is a half inch difference in seat height. I would not let that keep me from getting a 14 dlx. If nothing else a good upholsterer could shave it for you and no one would ever know. Frank at Greatdaytoride.com did my ST seat 1" lower and his long distance foam and it looks exactly like a stock one. Some like the 14 seat better, I like the LOOKS of the 14 seat better, but I think the 13 seat was more comfortable. But I wouldn't give up the look of the 14 seat. It absolutely goes with the Dlx.
Appreciate the information. I am so borderline I would probably have to have the seat shaved. Not a big deal to me but its something I need to know up front. It sure is a cuss being a midget.
 
Trust me if you can ride a 750 Nighthawk, you can ride a CB 1100 dlx. It's not like its an adventure bike. However of you are one that needs the heels of both feet planted firmly on the ground, its not going to happen, but you should have the balls of both feet on the ground.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Trust me if you can ride a 750 Nighthawk, you can ride a CB 1100 dlx. It's not like its an adventure bike. However of you are one that needs the heels of both feet planted firmly on the ground, its not going to happen, but you should have the balls of both feet on the ground.
Thanks for the vote of conficence. That is what I needed to hear. I can barely get both feet on the ground on my NH. I just plan and I am careful. I have no choice. I am somewhat of an idiot for riding motorcycles too tall for me. I fit the low cruiser demographic to a tee but dont want one. Go figure. That new Indian Scout temps me for about 30 seconds and Im over it. I know what I want.
 
Same boat here, cruiser body, standard head.
 
You can get a silver sprocket cover for the 2013 from Mr. T
I did put one on my 2013 , looks better than the dark one.
It is not metal but you will not notice.
 
I would get Elton John platform shoes first before I would get a cruiser. The Corbin seat is not taller but wider so it makes reaching the ground a bit like having a taller seat. I noticed only a slight increase in height between the 2014 and 2013 seats. Hardly difference. The Corbin is noticible, but again not much.
 
Elipten_imp said:
I would get Elton John platform shoes first before I would get a cruiser. The Corbin seat is not taller but wider so it makes reaching the ground a bit like having a taller seat. I noticed only a slight increase in height between the 2014 and 2013 seats. Hardly difference. The Corbin is noticible, but again not much.
There is a school of thought that says you shouldn't be allowed to ride a cruiser without Elton John platform shoes and a hair transplant. :P
 
You just made 1/2 the guys on the forum envious
 
Yep heck of a guy, eyes not good enough to be a naval aviator so at 17 after completion high school became an army corp of engineers 1 striper. At first wave on D-day, shot at the Battle of the Bulge, helped build the Ernie Pyle bridge to cross the Remagen. Older brother a medic with the Marines in the Pacific, other brother in blimp patrols out of Rio in Brazil. Old man was as good as it got but was not buying a Japanese or German car. No hate just the principle of it. All locks coded 120741.

All that stress and had black hair, go figure. He never rode bikes, was not a good car driver having grown up in New York City.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
Anyone have a price they payed for a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe? Local dealer has one for $10,895 ($1,000 off MSRP).
Have not bought one Tink but called two dealers in the south and they are both at 10,500 give or take a hundred for the DLX. Southern Powersports in Chatanooga and Abernathy Honda in Union City TN.
Have not bought one Tink but called two dealers in the south and they are both at 10,500 give or take a hundred for the DLX. Southern Powersports in Chatanooga and Abernathy Honda in Union City TN.
Pulled the trigger today. Bought the 2013 the dealer had in the crate. There was a $2900 price difference, so I took it. Just unloaded it, rode it around the block and very pleased so far.
 
NICE!!!!!

you, know, why not get a lower priced '13 and transform it with the Whitehouse mod????

that would blow away any '14 DLX....for about the same price!?

6th gear? change front sprocket.
ABS? meh, if you're worrying about stop time at that point you're going down anyway! :P

or does that mod not fit the '13 model...?

- Kirk Out

 
No way :cool: to do it right you would need the Whitehouse Tin kit, spoked wheels and the 4 into 2 exhaust, plus other minor stuf. I'm going to go add that up right now.

$9,900 plus misc, plus shipping
 
Back
Top