Price You Paid for Your CB

Picked up my beautiful 2014 Deluxe from GRISO GUY for $6500 with about 7000 miles on it. Drove 4 hours to Phoenix to pick it up and have a new friend for life in Mark.....he was from Ohio, me a native Californian.....we have so much in common that I just drove back there and spent 3 days at his house going on day rides and to the Phoenix Progressive Motorcycle show....it's so true what they say: "YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HONDA!!!!!"
 
Desert viper_imp said:
Picked up my beautiful 2014 Deluxe from GRISO GUY for $6500 with about 7000 miles on it. Drove 4 hours to Phoenix to pick it up and have a new friend for life in Mark.....he was from Ohio, me a native Californian.....we have so much in common that I just drove back there and spent 3 days at his house going on day rides and to the Phoenix Progressive Motorcycle show....it's so true what they say: "YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HONDA!!!!!"

Great story !
 
I got my 2013, with 3700 miles in February 2015 for $5500.00 . Iam happy with the price and the bike.
 
Desert viper_imp said:
Picked up my beautiful 2014 Deluxe from GRISO GUY for $6500 with about 7000 miles on it. Drove 4 hours to Phoenix to pick it up and have a new friend for life in Mark.....he was from Ohio, me a native Californian.....we have so much in common that I just drove back there and spent 3 days at his house going on day rides and to the Phoenix Progressive Motorcycle show....it's so true what they say: "YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HONDA!!!!!"
Oh dear Lord you stole that bike! Amazing deal! :thumbsup:
 
TINK_imp said:
FYI; Huntington Beach Honda has a new 2014 CB1100 Standard on the floor for $8398.
I got that deal. Steve the general mgr from Champion (now closed) who sold me my last 2 bikes was surprised that I didn't go for the VFR800 deal at $7,999. A brand new 800 at that price...if I was only 10 years younger....
 
I believe I purchased one of the first 2014 DLXs in San Diego. I put a deposit on it before any dealers had any in stock. My cost was $11,300.00 OTD.
 
Jeff the CB CBX guy_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
FYI; Huntington Beach Honda has a new 2014 CB1100 Standard on the floor for $8398.
I got that deal. Steve the general mgr from Champion (now closed) who sold me my last 2 bikes was surprised that I didn't go for the VFR800 deal at $7,999. A brand new 800 at that price...if I was only 10 years younger....
I got that deal. Steve the general mgr from Champion (now closed) who sold me my last 2 bikes was surprised that I didn't go for the VFR800 deal at $7,999. A brand new 800 at that price...if I was only 10 years younger.... That's where I got mine back on November...

Sent from me......
 
2 months ago...$7940 for new '14 stnd, $250 for 4 year registration. OR has no sales tax so that helps!
 
2014 Black Standard, List was $9999, I had the dealer price match a bike in southern Ohio. So here's the breakdown $8299, $500 taxes, $10 License Fee and $300 for extended warranty---$9,159.94 on 06/10/2015.

This bike is every inch as good or better than a BMW and we know how much a R NINE T costs.
 
In March of 2015, I had an out of state dealer hold a new 2013 CB1100 for me until I had a free weekend to come pick it up. He was selling it on cycletrader for $8650, plus $89 closing fee. TT&L wouild add another $700. WHen I got to his dealership, I changed my mind and bought the new bike next to the CB, a 2014 Vstrom 650 w/ all the alum panniers, crashbars, and side racks already installed from Suzuki. Same price.

Fast forward to Jan, 2016. My CB1100 itch still needed to be scratched. a Honda dealer on cycletrader's selling a black 2014 for $7999, plus $88 closing fee. THe $1k honda bucks already applied to it.TT&L would have been another $700. After getting off the phone w/ the dealer a 2nd time, I decided to go get it come the weekend. At the last minute, on a Friday, I saw a member on this site selling his DLX, so I quickly closed in on it, and the rest is history!

So, in retrospect, one yr ago, I found a 2013 CB1100 selling for $8650, and then 9 months later, a 2014 sold for $7999, or $650 LESS. Two dealers, 100 miles apart. Having seen these prices spiral downwards, I have to wonder What's in store for this year?
 
ecka00_imp said:
2014 Black Standard, List was $9999, I had the dealer price match a bike in southern Ohio. So here's the breakdown $8299, $500 taxes, $10 License Fee and $300 for extended warranty---$9,159.94 on 06/10/2015.

This bike is every inch as good or better than a BMW and we know how much a R NINE T costs.
As a long-time and faithful BMW owner, I agree with your conclusion. I'm just not sure BMW is a meaningful benchmark. They have their issues, just like everyone else. We all know cost isn't an indication of quality.
 
Last September I picked up a new 2013 with ABS for just under $7500 OTD from Pure Honda in Minot, North Dakota.

The salesman told me they've sold two other 2013 models. First one sold right away so they ordered two more. Mine was the last to go and the other went a few months earlier.
 
'14 DLX used with 275 miles on it. Purchased February this year.

$9300 (includes tax. dealer price was 8700 and they didn't charge me freight or prep, which was a huge bonus)
 
I would hope that they wouldn't have charged you freight or prep on a used bike :D

elemenopi_imp said:
'14 DLX used with 275 miles on it. Purchased February this year.

$9300 (includes tax. dealer price was 8700 and they didn't charge me freight or prep, which was a huge bonus)
 
Shinchan_imp said:
I would hope that they wouldn't have charged you freight or prep on a used bike :D

elemenopi_imp said:
'14 DLX used with 275 miles on it. Purchased February this year.

$9300 (includes tax. dealer price was 8700 and they didn't charge me freight or prep, which was a huge bonus)
i find that if dealers can come up with some kind of add-on fee, they will add it. i actually really try to avoid buying from dealers but it was so difficult to find this bike.
 
Naked (no options) EX in Red, with ABS in Europe.
Purchase in December 2015.
1987 km (1235 miles) on the clock, but 2001 km (1243 miles) when delivered.

Price was 10.000 euro (= 11086 USD) + 450 euro for the heated grips.
Total 10.450 euro = 11.600 USD.
But I could sell my old Burgman 650 ABS Executive with 14.900 miles for 5.500 euro = 6.105 USD.
So I paid 4.950 euro = 5.495 USD.

Heated grips were expensive but it was pretty much brand new especially when looking at the millage and when I see what you get for a brand new CB, I didn't doubt and thought it still was a pretty good deal imo.
Also, you do not see them second hand here, so I was kinda lucky.

It seems they are equally scarce in other parts of the world too.

PS: new a CB1100EX in Belgium cost 12.799 euro = 14.190 USD
 
Back
Top