Price You Paid for Your CB

TINK_imp said:
Anyone have a price they payed for a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe? Local dealer has one for $10,895 ($1,000 off MSRP).
Have not bought one Tink but called two dealers in the south and they are both at 10,500 give or take a hundred for the DLX. Southern Powersports in Chatanooga and Abernathy Honda in Union City TN.
 
Been thinking about it for a while.

Went to the local dealer who is pretty tough to deal with, so went to a Honda store in Marshall, TX that I have dealt with before.

For example, I bought a 300 2 wheel drive ATV from them in 1986. Today, choke it, touch the starter, and it springs to life. Runs like a charm despite hard use. Only thing ever done -- change oil, filters, batteries, rear end oil, etc/tires of course. Carb never rebuilt. The thing can not be destroyed - one of the reason Honda stopped building them according to the dealer.

Bottom line - did not have a CB1100 DLX, red. Did not want a 2013, but they had one in the crate in the warehouse. We found it and cut the covering off it - like it, but wanted the 2014.

They said they were in the mid 8's on the 2013, I'm considering it.
They said they would look around for a red 2014 Deluxe (they have 2 other stores), wanted $10,800. Told them I had seen them at $10,300 (on this board) - they replied, bet we can get there, let's get you one.

So. I'm on hold. Almost $2 K difference on 13 v 14. I want the 14 but money talks. Opinions on this appreciated.
 
Get what what sense, make a list of pro and cons. Or if you are an emotion person versus logic, then go for it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Spare a thought for us Brits.

Quite a few 2013 models about at knock down prices, but it seems that if you placed an order for a 2014 EX (roughly equivalent to your DLX) you won't get it until 2015.

Dealer tells me that the entire allocation for the UK for 2015 was 64 bikes.

So when my local dealer gets a 2014 EX back, with low (250) miles, the fool thinks he can get away with a price tag of just £500 less than new list price.

I mean what idiot would pay that sort of money to get their hands on the latest and best model?

<sob>
 
I paid $00.000. I did not pay anything!!! I traded outright. My 2011 Victory Crossroads for a brand new 2013 Honda CB1100!!! How many dealers would do that? 1, 2, how about NONE!!! But, my dealer did!! God Bless...





Jayimpalaman
 
I found a 2013 for 8400 with TL 9200 OTD. I will need to drive 400 miles to get it. I am going to try to get the local dealer to meet it when they open Tuesday.
Another local dealer has a 2014 dlx. I would love to buy one if I could get it OTD for 11K. (9% for TL in CA) I haven't even tried to negotiate on a 14.

I really like the plain engine. I drove a 13 today and I didn't really miss the 6th gear until I hit 80-90MPH, which I won't be doing often. Even at 80MPH it was so smooth, I hardly noticed it.
For 2-3K, it's hard for me to justify the plain engine and 6th gear.
 
AL there are a lot of differences besides the 6 th gear. I will try and list them but usually forget a few

ABS standard
.7 gallon larger fuel tank
Gear indicator
Trip computer
Taller patterned seat
Taller handlebars
4 into 2 pipes
Chrome head pipes
Polished brake and master cylinder covers
Chrome bar ends
Polished passenger grab rail
Polished top triple tree
Metal counter shaft sprocket cover
Color matched side covers
Different instruments
Smaller turn signals
Repositioned head light
Different switch pods on the bars
Silver engine
Silver wheels

Any of that appeal to you?
 
Any of that appeal to you?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the rundown. I knew some of them, but not all. The only things I think I will notice are the 6th gear and the engine color.
I wish there wasn't such a big price difference to make the choice easier.
 
Stopped at heritage honda in maysville ky yesterday they had new 13 model for $7989 plus tax & title
 
Greetings all, I bought my 2013 Std about 3 months ago for $7999.00. Add 300 or so for dealer freight and setup. I have to say to anyone still on the fence concerning a 2013 Vs a 2014. Save the $$ and get the 2013. You will love it. I traded in a 2011 Bonneville T100 for this awesome bike and I can't believe how much I like it. I really can't find any fault with this bike. It does everything well. I love to ride this thing. Unless you just have to have ABS and a 6th gear then take the 2014. Trust me, you won't miss either of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Good Rides, SeaFlea.
 
Just found $9200 OTD for a 2013 with a drive. $9700 OTD local and a 2014 delux for OTD.
Includes about 9% tax and license.
Now I have to decide which to take. Either way I should have one tomorrow.
 
Bought my 13 this spring for $8876 (I think that was the final number) out the door. I bought it at Naults in Windham NH. I brought the bike home and was looking at it and admiring it when I noticed a gouge in the right engine cover. They said they couldn't do anything for me because there wasn't enough profit into the bike. That was the 5th bike I bought there and now the last.

A question for The Ferret. You said one of the differences between the 13 and 14 was the metal sprocket cover. Do you know if it will fit the 13?
 
I have been sorely temped to go for a 2013. Deep down, I know I would end up trading/selling it for a 14dlx at some point. The two things that really matter to me are the 6th gear because I do more interstates than I would like and the dual pipes. They just look right imo and I like the red side cover plus the bigger gas tank although I think the 13 gas tank looks a little better. There would nothing in the world wrong with a 13 though.
The ferret_imp said:
AL there are a lot of differences besides the 6 th gear. I will try and list them but usually forget a few

ABS standard
.7 gallon larger fuel tank
Gear indicator
Trip computer
Taller patterned seat
Taller handlebars
4 into 2 pipes
Chrome head pipes
Polished brake and master cylinder covers
Chrome bar ends
Polished passenger grab rail
Polished top triple tree
Metal counter shaft sprocket cover
Color matched side covers
Different instruments
Smaller turn signals
Repositioned head light
Different switch pods on the bars
Silver engine
Silver wheels

Any of that appeal to you?
Taller handlebars? Did not know that. Also, you had a 13 I know. I am already borderline being vertically challenged. How much difference in seat height is there between your 13 and 14? I mean at some point I am going to find the right deal and I gotta have an 1100. Can you feel any difference between the 13 and 14 height wise?

I will shave the seat or something. I have always managed when most people would just buy a low cruiser but thats not me.
 
Back
Top