Price on new 2014 Standard model

walrusz06_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and doing my research on the bike before i buy. Finding a DLX has been a challenge, lots of 2013's out there.

I found a Black 2014 STD at my dealer willing to sell at $7999.00 + Tax, $95 doc fee, $15 title, and $30 for temp tag.

Is this a great deal? or should i be looking for more. i assume they want to move this bike as it's not their most popular model.

I could pick up a 2013 they have for $7500, but i think the extra gear and instrumentation is worth it. any thoughts on that?

thanks!
 
I paid 8000+tax about a month ago for my 2014 standard and considered that to be an excellent price when i was looking. I have seen 2013's going for 7000+tax. Never say never but i honestly don't think they'll go any lower than that. My dealership said they were losing money on my transaction.
 
walrusz06_imp said:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and doing my research on the bike before i buy. Finding a DLX has been a challenge, lots of 2013's out there.

I found a Black 2014 STD at my dealer willing to sell at $7999.00 + Tax, $95 doc fee, $15 title, and $30 for temp tag.

Is this a great deal? or should i be looking for more. i assume they want to move this bike as it's not their most popular model.

I could pick up a 2013 they have for $7500, but i think the extra gear and instrumentation is worth it. any thoughts on that?

thanks!
Sounds like an excellent deal to me. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who bought his '13 model at list price + tax + license. You'll probably walk out the door close to $3K less than I did. Waiting a year vs. buying the first one on the floor makes a big difference. :P
 
walrusz06_imp said:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and doing my research on the bike before i buy. Finding a DLX has been a challenge, lots of 2013's out there.

I found a Black 2014 STD at my dealer willing to sell at $7999.00 + Tax, $95 doc fee, $15 title, and $30 for temp tag.

Is this a great deal? or should i be looking for more. i assume they want to move this bike as it's not their most popular model.

I could pick up a 2013 they have for $7500, but i think the extra gear and instrumentation is worth it. any thoughts on that?

thanks!
Price on my 2013 Standard was $7999 and out the door with tax etc. was right at $9K about 3 weeks ago. Regardless of color, at $7500 on the floor or close to $8.2 to $8.5 OTD for a brand new CB with a 6 speed it's a great deal. That's A LOT of bike for the money!
 
I bought a '14 Std for $9499 out the door, but I had to travel 500 + miles to LA to pick it up. Luckily, I regularly have job assignments in SoCal and was therefore able to combine a business trip with the motorcycle purchase.

There was a demo model at a dealer in Stockton, CA (45 minutes away) with 1K+ on the odometer for $7500, but tax, license and "other" dealer fees were extra.

Spring is a tough time to negotiate a price for a motorcycle. Rainy days in February might be better. I always try to buy at the end of the month. It makes a difference - sometimes, just not this time.
 
If you can afford it, I'd go for the extra gear and instrumentation. No-one seems to regret the 6th gear. That said, not many are unhappy with only 5.
 
Thread starter
Looks like they randomly dropped the price before I went in to buy it. Snagged the 2014 STD for $8200 OTD! Picking up today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
walrusz06_imp said:
Looks like they randomly dropped the price before I went in to buy it. Snagged the 2014 STD for $8200 OTD! Picking up today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEAL! :thumbsup:

Congrats
 
Thread starter
ed0074dd02c533de630b954d03f39ecd.jpg


Here she is.

How do you best take the warning labels off the fuel tank without scratching?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hair dryer to warm up and gently peel it off with your fingers.

Congrats on the ride and welcome to the family!
 
Hot soapy sponge, lay it on top of the labels for about 5 minutes then most of it will peel off with your thumbnail. The rest will come off with the soapy sponge. Great looking bike!
 
Nice! congrats.

I used the hair dryer method and a little goo gone to clean up any residue sticker glue. (not much).
 
+1 hair drier and little goo gone on either a cotton ball or soft terrycloth. Gently peel with fingers and warming up and small gentle circles with the goo gone to get off the extra residue then clean with soap and water, dry and wax.
Sorry meant hair DRYER.
Sorry meant hair DRYER.
 
I admit that I cheated. It may be the case that stickers are easiest to remove when the bike is new. No hair dryer or anything. I just fingernailed the edges and took them right off. Used some WD-40 to take off the little bit of residue stuck to the tank. Then cleaned off the WD-40.
 
Good one, Walrus. Welcome aboard.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. This is a great community. Put the battery on the CTEK tender last night to bring it to full charge. Rainy today. Already waxed the metal bits with cmagic. Not much else to do but wait.

Oil sight glass is a bit challenging to read.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
walrusz06_imp said:
ed0074dd02c533de630b954d03f39ecd.jpg


Here she is.

How do you best take the warning labels off the fuel tank without scratching?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. I never get tired of looking at the black standard. Beautiful. Have one myself. Congrats.
 
Back
Top