New 2013 and 2014 CB1100 prices

justinlself_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I'll bet that T100 will be hard to resist.
But if it isn't... the CB is my other option. I'd probably have to go the used route (no problem to me, really).
But if it isn't... the CB is my other option. I'd probably have to go the used route (no problem to me, really). You can always purchase a bike and have it shipped or take a road trip with a trailer if the price is right. What state are you in that the prices are so high?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
justinlself_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I'll bet that T100 will be hard to resist.
But if it isn't... the CB is my other option. I'd probably have to go the used route (no problem to me, really).
But if it isn't... the CB is my other option. I'd probably have to go the used route (no problem to me, really). You can always purchase a bike and have it shipped or take a road trip with a trailer if the price is right. What state are you in that the prices are so high?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
But if it isn't... the CB is my other option. I'd probably have to go the used route (no problem to me, really). You can always purchase a bike and have it shipped or take a road trip with a trailer if the price is right. What state are you in that the prices are so high?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk Wisconsin.

My coworker said to wait until March the pricing should be around 8 then. They have two left.

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
I paid 6k out the door for my newish 2013 recently. I say newish because although I am the original owner of the bike (according to the title), it did have about 200 miles on it. The dealer is a friend of mine and he had ridden the bike a few times as he was going to keep it. I talked him into selling it to me and that was his price for me. It is of course flawless and as new.
After riding it a few times I quickly realized it would need suspension and rather than invest into all that I tried to sell it several times for $5995, and more recently for $4,999. No calls at all on it so I decided to keep it for now and see about improving the suspension. Ohlins is the next call and I will see if that helps keep me in the seat. The bike is gorgeous and I hope I can get the ride to match the looks. Suspension is very subjective and If you are a slightly different weight may be pleased with OEM.
Anyway, I thought I'd share this as far as current market value info.
There's also a new 2013 at Matto's? Cycle I think, in PA for around $7500. I stumbled on that yesterday looking for suspension info.
 
I just recently gave up on finding a low miles unaltered 2013 and bought a second Triumph Bonneville instead. If I had seen yours for $4999 I would have jumped on it.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I just recently gave up on finding a low miles unaltered 2013 and bought a second Triumph Bonneville instead. If I had seen yours for $4999 I would have jumped on it.
I'm looking for a Bonnie too. Same mission, different rumble. I'm actually looking for a W650 too. I bought one new and like an idiot sold it. Now those bikes are going through the roof for clean ones.
I'm a sucker for UJM's and UBM's....
Oh, and yes I was surprised I had no interest at 4999 but didn't do ebay or anything. Just ADV rider.
Chris
 
They were only available in the U.S. in 2000 and 2001. I demo'd a new 2000 at the local dealer, fell in love, but got cold feet and didn't buy. A year or so later I had remorse but they were no longer available. That experience is exactly why I pounced on my DLX when I did.
 
Weren't they about that price new?
 
hondamatic_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I just recently gave up on finding a low miles unaltered 2013 and bought a second Triumph Bonneville instead. If I had seen yours for $4999 I would have jumped on it.
I'm looking for a Bonnie too. Same mission, different rumble. I'm actually looking for a W650 too. I bought one new and like an idiot sold it. Now those bikes are going through the roof for clean ones.
I'm a sucker for UJM's and UBM's....
Oh, and yes I was surprised I had no interest at 4999 but didn't do ebay or anything. Just ADV rider.
Chris
Understandable, 'cause it's a very nice and well build motorbike. In my eyes one of
the most beautiful looking ones ever been produced.

The prices for used ones are still rising in Germany too. To give you an idea, the update, the W800 now beeing used, has reached the entry level of slightly used CB 1100, which means starting at 6.000€. Not cheap in comparison. More ridden W650 at 4.000€. The W in contrast to the CB is not on the market anymore as a new one. The customer, who bought one, knows why this bike is mostly a beloved and an enjoyable one.

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
hondamatic_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I just recently gave up on finding a low miles unaltered 2013 and bought a second Triumph Bonneville instead. If I had seen yours for $4999 I would have jumped on it.
I'm looking for a Bonnie too. Same mission, different rumble. I'm actually looking for a W650 too. I bought one new and like an idiot sold it. Now those bikes are going through the roof for clean ones.
I'm a sucker for UJM's and UBM's....
Oh, and yes I was surprised I had no interest at 4999 but didn't do ebay or anything. Just ADV rider.
Chris
Understandable, 'cause it's a very nice and well build motorbike. In my eyes one of
the most beautiful looking ones ever been produced.

The prices for used ones are still rising in Germany too. To give you an idea, the update, the W800 now beeing used, has reached the entry level of slightly used CB 1100, which means starting at 6.000€. Not cheap in comparison. More ridden W650 at 4.000€. The W in contrast to the CB is not on the market anymore as a new one. The customer, who bought one, knows why this bike is mostly a beloved and an enjoyable one.

Wisedrum
Understandable, 'cause it's a very nice and well build motorbike. In my eyes one of
the most beautiful looking ones ever been produced.

The prices for used ones are still rising in Germany too. To give you an idea, the update, the W800 now beeing used, has reached the entry level of slightly used CB 1100, which means starting at 6.000€. Not cheap in comparison. More ridden W650 at 4.000€. The W in contrast to the CB is not on the market anymore as a new one. The customer, who bought one, knows why this bike is mostly a beloved and an enjoyable one.

Wisedrum
It;s hard to describe how nice the W650 is to own and ride. The sound is amazing and the feel, fit, and comfort is outstanding, even for a 6 footer.
I'll have another one someday.
In other news I was offered $3,500 on trade the other day for my 2013 but new/ leftover CB1100 (that I recently bought), at a Triumph/ Honda dealer, for a Bonnie I was looking at. Yes, it was a moment of weakness but the price snapped me out of it, lol. If I can't at least get $4,999 I'll just learn to love her! I got the bike brand new for 6k so it's not the end of the world but 3500 is a little ridiculous. All it really needs is a seat and shocks and then I should be able to quit crying/ whining about it. It's a gorgeous machine, truly stunning, and I just to tweak her a bit. I want to love her. I sort of do... :heart:No offense CB lovers. I did throw a pipe on her today. Stain tune. Very sweet sound.
 
Well, $3,500 isn't the value of the bike, it's simply what your dealer would need to pay for it to be able to turn a reasonable profit. Nothing wrong with that. I imagine you could get $4,999 without much effort if you sold it directly to a retail buyer. I don't think the value will drop to $3,500 for another two to three years.

My dealer offered a different trade-in value for one of my BMW's depending on which of his new bikes I would buy. I refused to play that game, decided to sell it on my own, and then bought another bike elsewhere.
 
Back
Top