Posting photos

MrBob_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I keep my photos on Smugmug. I've tried posting here but all I can seem to post are links to the photos. I did review the instructions on posting photos on this web site, but I'd like to hear from other Smugmug users.
 
Sorry…. not a Smugmug user but I had trouble posting photos too. I do it through Tapatalk, an app for forum users. It works just fine. It appears that the forum’s website is the issue as it has very tight space controls. Tapatalk seems to be able to get around that somehow. Good luck.
 
This site and most web sites have a max file size. Think this site is about 220KB. There are many tools to shrink down the size of your photo/image size.
*
I don't like to use online stuff, but one free online service that I have used is: Bulk Resize Photos
*
I have a MS Windows computer and just installed the free MS PowerToys which includes a resizing feature: Microsoft PowerToys - Windows Utilities for Power Users
After you install it, you just right-click the image file and select Resize Picture from the pop-up menu, select the size you want (I choose Small), then click Resize button. FYI you can also employ standard Windows select many files feature (using ALT or SHIFT keys with mouse click), then right click the selected list of files and choose Resize Pictures to do bulk resize.
 
bflint_imp said:
This site and most web sites have a max file size. Think this site is about 220KB. There are many tools to shrink down the size of your photo/image size.
*
I don't like to use online stuff, but one free online service that I have used is: Bulk Resize Photos
*
I have a MS Windows computer and just installed the free MS PowerToys which includes a resizing feature: Microsoft PowerToys - Windows Utilities for Power Users
After you install it, you just right-click the image file and select Resize Picture from the pop-up menu, select the size you want (I choose Small), then click Resize button. FYI you can also employ standard Windows select many files feature (using ALT or SHIFT keys with mouse click), then right click the selected list of files and choose Resize Pictures to do bulk resize.
You can just right click on any photo in Windows 10 and choose the Edit function. It opens the Paint application which will allow you to resize by % or pixels. Just right click on any photo beforehand and select properties to get the current filesize.
 
Thread starter
MrBob_imp said:
I keep my photos on Smugmug. I've tried posting here but all I can seem to post are links to the photos. I did review the instructions on posting photos on this web site, but I'd like to hear from other Smugmug users.
Also, I'm using a MacBook Air.
 
MrBob, open the pictures in Preview. As I recall there’s a feature that allows you to resize them. Sites like How-To Geek - We Explain Technology (in which I have no interest) are also helpful for advice on how to do things like reduce the file size of pictures.
 
Back
Top