Poll: Location of Marketplace

Should the 'Marketplace' stay where it is or move back to the 'Forums' area of the forum?


  • Total voters
    5
  • This poll will close: .

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
When moving the forum software, I decided to move the 'For Sale / Wanted' threads out of the Forums and into a tab of their own — the Marketplace.

I'm interested is whether members like it or would prefer to see the 'Marketplace' again appearing in the 'Forums' tab.

Could you please respond to this thread or to the poll?
 
The Marketplace tab seems good to me. Easy to get to from wherever you are on the site. I like it.
 
I voted, then realized I had question. :rolleyes:

If Marketplace is separate, do you then actively need to click on it to see new for-sale or wanted items, whereas if it's integrated into the forum, new FS/W items will automatically appear in "new posts?"

If that is the case, I think it's better in forums, because 1) you guys are bulldogs chasing out scammers and spammers, and 2) because of 1), there are not a lot of FS/W posts from what I've seen, so it's not like new general-topic posts would get buried with new FS/W posts.

Reasons I'd like to automatically see new FS/W posts:

I am not a shopper and would rarely if ever check marketplace.

However, I do have a few things on my wish list that I can't afford new currently, so knowing someone is letting it go at a reduced price would be helpful.

Likewise, there are definitely items I don't know exist that--if I knew--I'd might like to buy.

Finally, I am starting to collect spare parts that I might be willing to sell or give to a member in need if I saw they needed them.

So, for someone like me, a few FS/W posts would be welcome on the new posts section.

All that said, if my supposition is wrong and marketplace posts do show in new posts, then maretplace's location may be moot?
 
Last edited:
I have bought and sold stuff on the Forum and I think that a designated Marketplace sounds like a good idea. I do look at new posts every day, when possible, so it was never a problem for me to post what I wanted to sell or find what someone else was selling. It is only fair to note that since I'm no longer riding, I won't be using the Marketplace.
 
Thread starter
I voted, then realized I had question. :rolleyes:

If Marketplace is separate, do you then actively need to click on it to see new for-sale or wanted items, whereas if it's integrated into the forum, new FS/W items will automatically appear in "new posts?"

I don't know the answer so I created a dummy post in the Marketplace. Could someone tell me, please, whether it turns up in the New posts list?
 
I don't know the answer so I created a dummy post in the Marketplace. Could someone tell me, please, whether it turns up in the New posts list?

Looks like it's showingnin new posts.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260929-141358.webp
    Screenshot_20260929-141358.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 4
It doesn't show for me in New posts. Am I doing something wrong?
 
Well, I am seeing it now. Either I was confused or something changed when I updated the latest MacOS release.
 
Back
Top