Poll: How many are having problems with rear Brakes?

Jayimpalaman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
How many are having a hard time locking up the rear wheel? How many are (not) having a hard time locking up the rear wheel? Let start a poll and get it on the right track. Something may be wrong with the early production models. But, I don't know for sure. Everyone get involved (PLEASE) I want to get to the bottom of this! Thanks everyone. God Bless..




Jayimpalaman
 
Mine sucks vin 548 non abs
 
I had to brake hard to avoid a deer a few weeks ago!!!! The rear tire did skid intermittently!! I have been impressed with the power of the brakes! Mine is non ABS and vin is 872.
 
Non-ABS
VIN 93
Did the same brake in procedure and my brakes have been awesome! Probably the best I've had and that includes the '95 Beemer w/ ABS and the '73 Ducati GTS.
 
Non-ABS
VIN 097
Brakes work great, both front and rear.
I took it fairly easy on the brakes for the first 100 miles or so, then began using more aggressively after that. Never gave them another thought until other members started reporting problems with the rears.
 
Guth_imp said:
Non-ABS
VIN 097
Brakes work great, both front and rear.
I took it fairly easy on the brakes for the first 100 miles or so, then began using more aggressively after that. Never gave them another thought until other members started reporting problems with the rears.
procedure, schmedure. If you do that the brakes should be fine.
 
VIN #1486

My rear brake is terrible. First time I need to take it into the shop I'll have them bleed the rear system. I think there is air in it.

Chip
 
Non-ABS
VIN 049
Brakes work great, both front and rear.
I took it fairly easy on the brakes for the first 100 miles or so, then began using more aggressively after that. Rear took a little longer to settle in, but a little bit more use and a little bedding in and it has settled in nicely. Never gave them another thought until other members started reporting problems with the rears.
 
#343 Locks up with little effort.
These are heavy bikes on 18" wheels with hard tires, they'll never work like a sportbike front or rear. This bike stops better then my Harley and worse then my GSXR. It's a retro rear for that brake drum feel.........:)
 
#243 Rear brake sucks. Won't lock up the wheel unless the bike is on the center stand.
 
#213 - brakes work great. Very low effort needed, big contributor to the overall ease of operation. Rear was kinda wooden for first few miles, and just fine now. I wouldn't want it too easy to lock.
 
I think we are not trying to find out if your brakes will or will not lock up, but if they are effective in rapidly slowing the bike from speed
 
For a guy that is used to 100% front brake for stopping on two wheels I think the rear is too good. The weight of my toes lock up the rear, and works great for coming to a dive free stop from 10-0mph.
VIN # 1001

P.S. Rear brakes aren't designed for high speed stopping. It is more for fine tuning handling properties.
 
Regarding the rear brakes, I think they do just fine. Have I locked them up? NO and I do not plan on locking them up. Like it was mentioned before, the rears are not for main stopping power on your bike.

hmm Lets see, rear brakes count for 30% of your braking power... The other 70% is supposed to come from the front...

If you are mainly using that rear brake for stopping... I removed my comment... :s *shaking my head though* :s

thumper_imp said:
ABS--Never use the rear brake, so non-issue.
I just had to quote this from Thumper... why, if your not using your rear brake would you get an ABS equipped bike? The ABS applies the front when you apply the rear brakes. Not the other way around... or does it? If it is flipped around then you are using the rear... :-/
 
Back
Top