Plasti-Dip on the side cover

Monkey Rider_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Man that looks good. Excellent job. I'd much rather have that personally than the factory silver covers.

Quite impressive!

Wait, that's a deluxe. I'd rather have the color matched side covers. However if I had a 2013, I'd be all over that.
 
Thread starter
ChipBeck_imp said:
That looks excellent! Did you mask the CB1100 logo or remove it and put it back on after spraying the plastic on?

Chip
Actually I didn't remove the logo, and didn't mask it either.
Just spray all over the side cover, wait until fully dried, then carefully peel off the logo area.
I used sticky side of masking tape to clean-up the left over plasti-dip in small area between letters.
It was fairly easy job. :shy:
 
Thats awesome. I was thinking of doing the same thing on a few parts as I have a friend that has been spraying cars with the stuff. He did his VW Jetta with some cool blue color and it looks really really cool. Thanks for posting!
 
That looks very awesome!

Do the deluxe side covers fit the standard CB?

If I could find deluxe side covers in glossy black that would be awesome. If not, I may buy some red deluxe side covers and dip them. I've never dipped anything before so I don't know how easy it is, but those in this thread look very professional!
 
It's extremely easy - in fact, easier than using a spray can of paint, and it's much thicker, so it's a lot more "forgiving" - i.e., not as susceptible to runs, etc. And if you screw it up somehow anyway, let it dry a bit, and just peel it all off to start over! The stuff is amazing.
Give it a try - it's massively cheap and easy, and if you don't like it or get tired of it, as I said, you just peel it off!
 
Bought a can at Home Depot. This store only had flat black, white and a can of liquid yellow which is meant for dipping your pliers handles.

Any other spray colors available?
 
Xyzzy_imp said:
That looks very awesome!

Do the deluxe side covers fit the standard CB?

If I could find deluxe side covers in glossy black that would be awesome. If not, I may buy some red deluxe side covers and dip them. I've never dipped anything before so I don't know how easy it is, but those in this thread look very professional!
A few members have fitted DLX side covers to the '13, which has the same side covers as the '14 standard.

Honda makes the covers in gloss black for the Japan/Euro EX models. I don't think you could order them from a U.S. parts house (since the EX isn't a U.S. model), but I'll bet Mr. T could fix you up.
 
Back
Top