Pirelli's calendar is dumb.

I agree - stupid calendar

I would rather see custom motorcycles or cars - sporting Pirelli tires.

Failing THAT - Victoria Secret models would do, just fine.
 
I rather like the images. Beats a bunch of air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids. Instead we are shown some lovely ladies who have aged gracefully, their beauty a lasting thing that age will not whither.

Good on you Pirelli.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
I rather like the images. Beats a bunch of air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids. Instead we are shown some lovely ladies who have aged gracefully, their beauty a lasting thing that age will not whither.

Good on you Pirelli.
Now you would go and take the high road here...doggone it, I was all set to be outraged and your calm, reasoned response just took the wind out of my sails.

But of course I only posted this thread, with the provocative title, to get some perspectives. I be a big believer in the First Amendment. Pirelli can do whatever it likes, I just want their tires to stick when they should.
 
I can tell you from working in the highway safety field for the last 25 years calling on govt entities, they haven't been able to post provacative calendars in their offices or garages for a good dozen years, anywhere a female employee works or a member of the general public might walk in and see it.

To give you an idea of how sensitive govt entities are we used to sell Men Working signs, but those were no longer allowed when women started working for municipalities, so we had to change the signs to read Workers Ahead.

Not sure how the pirelli calendar would go over. I know my local mc shop has some provacative stuff hanging back in the service dept, but most companies putting out calendars today are being much more discrete than in years past.

Of course the administators policy here is also one of discretion.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I rather like the images. Beats a bunch of air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids. Instead we are shown some lovely ladies who have aged gracefully, their beauty a lasting thing that age will not whither.

Good on you Pirelli.
Where would I find this "air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids" calendar?...you know, just for ummm comparison purposes.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
I rather like the images. Beats a bunch of air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids. Instead we are shown some lovely ladies who have aged gracefully, their beauty a lasting thing that age will not whither.

Good on you Pirelli.
Where would I find this "air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids" calendar?...you know, just for ummm comparison purposes.
Where would I find this "air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids" calendar?...you know, just for ummm comparison purposes. Strictly scientific.:clap:
 
Years ago when I worked in parts at a large dealer this time of year
the techs were always bugging the parts guys about when the Avon tire
calendar would come in, of course it was like most from across the pond. Mostly bare breasted woman. This all came to a halt when a
American tire Co. bought Avon.
 
I for one am tired of all the airbrushed and Photoshopped BS. Real women who aren't afraid to eat the occasional sandwich are so much sexier.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
I rather like the images. Beats a bunch of air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids. Instead we are shown some lovely ladies who have aged gracefully, their beauty a lasting thing that age will not whither.

Good on you Pirelli.
Where would I find this "air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids" calendar?...you know, just for ummm comparison purposes.
Where would I find this "air brushed teenyboppers with fake breasts and wearing stylized Band-aids" calendar?...you know, just for ummm comparison purposes.
Yes, I would also like to, ummm, do a scientific analysis. And..... maybe some of the other forum members can peer review my data analysis.......
 
I was in the Air Force in 1988 when the general order came down about calendars, etc. The First Shirt replaced all the pictures hanging in the aircrew lounge. Before, there were photos of scantily clad (and some unclad) women. After, there were photos of aircraft from around the world. The aircrews did better on their vis recce (visual reconnaissance) quizzes after that ;)
 
I would be willing to help Kballowe with the peer review...
 
Your friendly moderators would be greatly obliged if the learned gentlemen would be so obliging as to conduct their research and peer review away from the forum.

I suspect we might even survive the absence of a report back.
 
Thread starter
I would gladly buy the calendar...if only for Juliane Moore.
Pirelli calendar's are sought after for a reason. This ain't your Snap-on calendar.

**great thing about getting older is that I admire beauty and health that has been maintained. S#%t, just about everyone looks good at 21. Looking this good at 50 is admirable!

// now I have to get back to my full stack of flap jacks with extra butter & extra syrup.
 
Thread starter
Sam1100_imp said:
I would gladly buy the calendar...if only for Juliane Moore.
Pirelli calendar's are sought after for a reason. This ain't your Snap-on calendar.

**great thing about getting older is that I admire beauty and health that has been maintained. S#%t, just about everyone looks good at 21. Looking this good at 50 is admirable!

// now I have to get back to my full stack of flap jacks with extra butter & extra syrup.
I thought that looked like Moore but didn't examine it long enough. I have to say I like a great deal of her work in movies. Can't say "films" any more since most of it is done straight to a hard drive (is that ok to say?) and "video" sort of gives it a seedy aspect. "The big screen" is no longer relevant either since most people seem to be using streaming online movie vendors.

What has happened to our world? Now I have headache. Need to ask KC what he takes for his.:rofl:
Rebel73_imp said:
I for one am tired of all the airbrushed and Photoshopped BS. Real women who aren't afraid to eat the occasional sandwich are so much sexier.
Give me the airbrushing every time.

Real women terrify me.:dodgy:
CA200_imp said:
Years ago when I worked in parts at a large dealer this time of year
the techs were always bugging the parts guys about when the Avon tire
calendar would come in, of course it was like most from across the pond. Mostly bare breasted woman. This all came to a halt when a
American tire Co. bought Avon.
"You Americans, you're all the same, always overdressing for the wrong occasions."

In this case, a calendar.

C'mon, who knows the source of that quotation?:D

Here's the answer.
 
Back
Top