Pirelli Angel GTs at 5,000 miles

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
After today's ride:

Front

c088d7307dd17061ced99e78c3e4c4bd.jpg


dc5310348e773b571fb8356816c157da.jpg


rear

7802feb3a4a954beb279282219a581a5.jpg


82efb5492f2ef3314fca5388b4660346.jpg


Happy with them so far. Yes, I would buy them again
 
That's fantastic! I am in the market for tires, and have been going thru the posts of tires researching what's good and not on our CB1100's

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
After today's ride:

Front

c088d7307dd17061ced99e78c3e4c4bd.jpg


dc5310348e773b571fb8356816c157da.jpg


rear

7802feb3a4a954beb279282219a581a5.jpg


82efb5492f2ef3314fca5388b4660346.jpg


Happy with them so far. Yes, I would buy them again
Mine look slightly similar @ ~3,000 miles, maybe I ride my bike too hard? :dodgy:

I agree with you though, good tire for the money. If it were available still, by the time I need new rubber, I'd buy another set. But since that's rather unlikely, I'll be going with the Michellins, Metzelers, or Avons... we'll see
 
Thread starter
Go I think it's just the angle. I saw that in the pics too and went and checked. They look good and straight in person.

Kiowa, they handle well. As good as Michelins in the dry, but a little less confidence inspiring in the wet for me.
 
Good tread wear but that rear is getting squared off already.
Ferret, I see in your signature line that your upcoming NC750X is your “quarter horse.” Shouldn’t it be your “three quarter horse?”
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Good tread wear but that rear is getting squared off already.
Ferret, I see in your signature line that your upcoming NC750X is your “quarter horse.” Shouldn’t it be your “three quarter horse?”
Uh oh, what happened to the FJR?
 
I have the Angel GTs too. Mine are at 2236 miles and look a little better than Ferrets. No squaring on the rear and a little less wear on the front. Riding style I think.
 
Thread starter
Whoops_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Good tread wear but that rear is getting squared off already.
Ferret, I see in your signature line that your upcoming NC750X is your “quarter horse.” Shouldn’t it be your “three quarter horse?”
Uh oh, what happened to the FJR?
Uh oh, what happened to the FJR?
FJR got traded in on a 2021 Honda NC 750X DCT due to arrive at the dealer first week of June I believe.

3/4 horse :rofl:
 
Just paid attention and noticed I have only half the mileage Ferret has. No wonder I have less wear…
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Just paid attention and noticed I have only half the mileage Ferret has. No wonder I have less wear…
So your riding style is infrequently? :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Whoops_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Good tread wear but that rear is getting squared off already.
Ferret, I see in your signature line that your upcoming NC750X is your “quarter horse.” Shouldn’t it be your “three quarter horse?”
Uh oh, what happened to the FJR?
Uh oh, what happened to the FJR?
FJR got traded in on a 2021 Honda NC 750X DCT due to arrive at the dealer first week of June I believe.

3/4 horse :rofl:
Uh oh, what happened to the FJR?
FJR got traded in on a 2021 Honda NC 750X DCT due to arrive at the dealer first week of June I believe.

3/4 horse :rofl:
How do you like the DCT? I've never experienced "clutch-less". I'm assuming you can ride it normally if you choose?
 
Thread starter
Dunno tommymck, dont have it yet, but they have been getting rave reviews from NC, Afica Twin and Gold Wing owners so thought I'd give it a shot.

I do know as far as shifting goes, you can put it in Drive mode, totally automatic, and let Hondas algorithm choose the upshift and down shift points, or you can put it in one of a couple of sport drive modes, again totally automatic, but each different sport mode holds the rpms a little higher before shifting, for a sportier ride than Drive mode, or you can put it in manual mode and use a finger trigger or thumb lever to choose the upshift and downshift points, the same as you would on a clutch motorcycle, only there no clutch.

Maybe GO will chime in, I think he had one prior to his Africa Twin.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Dunno tommymck, dont have it yet, but they have been getting rave reviews from NC, Afica Twin and Gold Wing owners so thought I'd give it a shot.

I do know as far as shifting goes, you can put it in Drive mode, totally automatic, and let Hondas algorithm choose the upshift and down shift points, or you can put it in one of a couple of sport drive modes, again totally automatic, but each different sport mode holds the rpms a little higher before shifting, for a sportier ride than Drive mode, or you can put it in manual mode and use a finger trigger or thumb lever to choose the upshift and downshift points, the same as you would on a clutch motorcycle, only there no clutch.

Maybe GO will chime in, I think he had one prior to his Africa Twin.
... there are two clutches :) - one for even gears, one for odd gears. No matter what, the next gear is set-up to switch.

Ferret - all your points are correct.

In as few words as possible based on Honda NC750XD and CRF1000LD ownership:

* Can be driven automatically,
* Automatic current gear can be overridden up and down,
* Can be driven in manual mode where rider chooses the gear, but the engine can never be stalled,
* Drive mode is the most economical, but the Sport modes are much more spirited,
* Off-the-line acceleration is very impressive,
* The NC750XD is surprisingly fuel efficient, even after spirited rides.

In any case, there is much more.
 
Ferret what size is your rear tire? They don't seem to offer it in the stock size.
 
I think Ferret’s is the same as mine which is 160/60 ZR18
 
Angel GTs do not come in a stock rear size. Only 160/60. Like the PR3 they fit fine and feel great. The came in stock size for the front, but I'm not sure you can get them in the US. They're 120 rather than 110, but they fit.
 
Back
Top