Pictures of my hot new girlfriend

ManInBlack_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
122f160029e3df9a8f749c0e893080ee.

Corbin saddle, Yoshimura exhaust and I painted the handlebar ends red, just because.
Dang. My image didn't work... whst am I doing wrong?
 
The link works..but the picture is not there. I'm not familiar with Flickr, but my guess is that you copied and pasted the wrong link. In Photobucket and SmugMug, there's an "img" link that will display the photo here.
 
Thread starter
It is well made and very comfortable. After seeing it in person, I think I like the shape of a more traditional standard bike seat better though. And the quilted pattern makes me feel like an old man for some reason...
 
I wonder if there wasnt a lot of wisdom in the old bench type UJM seat. You can move backward or forward on it to adjust your relationship with the pedals and handlebars.
 
I think that seat looks flipping great!!! And I especially like the diamond tuck pattern on a cafe seat chassis.. Period correct for when these bikes were popular in their day. IMHO one of the best looking seats I've seen on the site.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
I think that seat looks flipping great!!! And I especially like the diamond tuck pattern on a cafe seat chassis.. Period correct for when these bikes were popular in their day. IMHO one of the best looking seats I've seen on the site.
Thank you, Frulk! I'll try not to be so critical. The leather I chose is called bomber jacket and has a distressed look. It looks real nice.
 
Not like Supertramp at all. :thumbsup:
 
Love the seat! Not to sure about the red end weights? I might have went with red RLETs. Probably couldn't get into the "club" with red ones though.



Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Sweet. I dddon't by realize the swing arm was blacked out. Lol. I've been too focused on my own CB :-)

Does the Corbin seat lower your seating position some?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
rustyski_imp said:
Sweet. I dddon't by realize the swing arm was blacked out. Lol. I've been too focused on my own CB :-)

Does the Corbin seat lower your seating position some?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY experience with my corbin seat -- not as fancy as the one in the picture, but a standard corbin seat -- is that while it is a little *lower*, it's also a little *wider*, so the net result is that my feet touch the ground *exactly* the same as with the stock seat. But *much* more comfortable...
 
postoak_imp said:
I wonder if there wasnt a lot of wisdom in the old bench type UJM seat. You can move backward or forward on it to adjust your relationship with the pedals and handlebars.
Yep. Wide, flat seats went away, to be replaced with more stylish seats that more fit the contours of the bike. The newer style seats did look better, but comfort became secondary to looks.

I replaced my seat with a wide, flat Tiros K-style seat that would have looked at home on an early 70s CB750. I took my first mega-ride with that seat last month and couldn't believe how much more comfortable it was. If my butt got sore it was easy to adjust my position forward, backward and even from side to side. Long trips with the right seat are so much more fun.
 
Back
Top