Pictures of every 'DLX' style tank color / country options?

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hi all.

I have always wanted to put a DLX tank on my bike.

I have not seen one in real life, but from pictures it appears to be more traditional looking, and a little extra range never hurts.

Seems the fuel pump is the same.

I was considering having it custom painted, but may just buy a factory tank.

I know the bike was available in many other countries and the paint options are several. Probably some I am unaware of....so can anyone post up what they know of?
 
A Japanese EX might be a DLX tank (I believe) of about 16.8L capacity, which I ordered new from Takashi.
Very similar shape to STD, just little bit more "puffy"
May source for a used one in US and some European or Asian countries, not Canada thou.
F/pump ass-y, regardless connector shape and number of wires, gas cap and a seat should be no issue.

50e76c69689c0964d97491ce24fca495.jpg

L-STD/14.6L...........................................................................​R/mounted 16.8 L

8ce3350e249dd94fa4fe92ff16ae514c.jpg


http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16125
 
Thread starter
From your picture, I can't tell them apart.

I found this video-



The black tank on the first bike- appears to be 'DLX' style to my eyes?

I prefer the red stripe on my black tank compared to the silver there... but it's not a deal breaker.
 
Dubs, I think you're right. From 2017, the standard model, not sold much outside Japan as far as I can see, had a larger tank: the 16.8 litre one peterbaron has. I can't be certain, but I'm reasonably sure, it's just the DLX tank. It is likely to come in a range of colours—certainly black and white. If you're thinking of a new one why ask MrT at Samurider. If he doesn't know, I'm sure he can find out.
 
Look at the rear of the tank in back in PBs pic, particularly the angle of the stripes. Its narrower on a std. As in the sides are caved in a bit. Also if he posted pics directly from the side you'd see the tank behind the gas cap doesnt slope as much on the Dlx.
 
Generally, there are two different shapes of the CB1100 gas tanks, 2010-16 - variety of capacity/not seamless, that includes a DLX.... and from 2017 up/seamless - not a DLX.
 
True, PB, but, in Japan, Honda has continued to produce a 'standard' CB1100 along with the RS and the EX. The 'standard' has the seamed DLX tank.
 
Hi PD, not sure exactly what kind of shot you're looking for - shape or color, but here's a couple of pics of my 2014 (US) DLX:

86af92588342ec2d7d8d2b4472581bb3.jpg


7025ef64d48e21a427d20cefb1070fda.jpg


02327b3e6fb818204865a5135a2e1a3c.jpg


To be honest, I don't think the camera does justice to just how pretty the red color is in person.
 
A-man: The images are still sweet. The view from over-the-tank will be useful in our golden years to reflect back what it was like sitting in the saddle of the fine CB1100 machine.
 
Would the DLX tank fit correctly on our EX?

Wouldn't have issues with seat mounting or handlebars turned? They're an extra gallon capacity right? I would think that space has to be bigger in 1 direction or another

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24, the 2017EX tank fits on earlier models as I recall. Someone's done it. I can't recall his name as I write and I don't have time to search. I suspect that means the earlier tanks would fit on the later bikes.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
mvk24, the 2017EX tank fits on earlier models as I recall. Someone's done it. I can't recall his name as I write and I don't have time to search. I suspect that means the earlier tanks would fit on the later bikes.
That good to know, is the difference an extra gallon or is it more? If I could find a second hand 1 on ebay that would be great with all the touring I do when I can ride.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Cormanus_imp said:
mvk24, the 2017EX tank fits on earlier models as I recall. Someone's done it. I can't recall his name as I write and I don't have time to search. I suspect that means the earlier tanks would fit on the later bikes.
From memory, I think it is PekingDuck.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Golden years are here for me !

1- 25 is Spring
26-50 is Summer
51-75 is Fall
76- till death is Winter

HAVE A GOOD DAY !
You may like it this way, but research into mental and bodily disintegration shows that the golden years of old people is nothing but wishful thinking. And it certainly hasn't changed over the last 1,000 generations. Natural selection for health ends when the egg is laid, beyond this point selection acts on the next generation. Modern medicine may keep you alive for longer, but the decay remains the same. Based on facts your table should look more like this :

1-15 is spring (growth)
15-35 is summer (egg laying)
35 - 50 is time for harvest
beyond is ... beyond.

But if you feel fine and happy (our 92 years old neighbor always says she is happy), then so be it my friend. I am "beyond" too. Now, look again at my byline.
 
Yes , I am a happy person but no "spring' chicken anymore . Having a good marriage is very important to a persons health and wellbeing. ( and having motor cycles )
 
... and a good marriage to someone who appreciates motorcycles.

But why does the term “harvest “ in a person’s chronological timeline remind me of movies like Soylent Green?
 
Back
Top