Help with fuel tank dimensions

tod.branko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Guys, I'm currently out of the country and out of reach with my bike, and I found a fuel tank from a 94' CB Seven Fifty, which I would like to swap with my 2014 cb1100 tank. Now, I would like to ask if anyone has nothing better to do or has a stock tank laying around, could take a picture of the bottom and measure the spaces between the front anchors and the rear bolt hole.
Also if you have any idea as to why this swap won't work, I'm listening.

And for rationale, because I know people will ask - I want a bigger tank, with flush tank cap, and I don't want to pay the price of the EX/RS tank. I also want to do a custom color so I'd rather do it on a spare tank that re-do the stock tank.

Any help is very appreciated

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Tod - try this picture. This is my spare 2014 DLX tank. Note, I have the yardstick "0.00" inch lined up with the centerline of the attachment hole, and I have the yardstick propped up so that it's in plan with the two front capture features (where the rubber snubbers mount). Optically, it doesn't look like it's lined up with the mounting hole, but it is. Hopefully, you can do some rough scaling from this.

64b56fb3702bb21a4c536c5261bc3401.jpg
 
Tod, the 750 used a single narrow backbone on the frame, which allowed a large fuel area. The CB1100 tank is shallow to allow the multi-tube frame. Also, remember the fuel pump opening is large, and the 750 had only a small petcock.
 
Thread starter
Thank you very much everyone for your input, that's exactly why I reached out. I will co sider all these things before I make a decision. Thank you so much

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Its seems to me that the tank would extensive modification to work on our bike.
 
Back
Top