Picked up another stablemate to the CB

IndianRider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello folks,

I picked up a 2002 ZRX 1200 in great shape with the original boxy headlight/ fairing included. I owned a green ZRX1100 for 4 yrs and started my touring career on it and covered KY, OH, WV, VA, IN, TN, Smokies, Cherohala skyway, tail of the dragon and sold it in 2006 ..

It was one of my most favorite bike ever so after many other bikes In between 14 yrs later I’m happy to own one again .. If feels like yesterday almost like I never let it go and the ZRXOA forum is fantastic as well.

What a fantastic piece of muscle bike machine in its class. The looks, power, suspension is still amazing !! Looking forward to enjoying many miles and the plan is to gift the CB to my 6 yr old when the time is right. He’s already riding his Oset 16Racing electric trails motorcycle.

f8d88d2519fdeb61c0be70557970b0a2.jpg
1d0b9d4afb3727f7e4398b02574a68fc.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice addition to the stable, IndianRider.
 
Cool bike. Congratulations IndianRider.
 
IndianRider_imp said:
Hello folks,

I picked up a 2002 ZRX 1200 in great shape with the original boxy headlight/ fairing included. I owned a green ZRX1100 for 4 yrs and started my touring career on it and covered KY, OH, WV, VA, IN, TN, Smokies, Cherohala skyway, tail of the dragon and sold it in 2006 ..

It was one of my most favorite bike ever so after many other bikes In between 14 yrs later I’m happy to own one again .. If feels like yesterday almost like I never let it go and the ZRXOA forum is fantastic as well.

What a fantastic piece of muscle bike machine in its class. The looks, power, suspension is still amazing !! Looking forward to enjoying many miles and the plan is to gift the CB to my 6 yr old when the time is right. He’s already riding his Oset 16Racing electric trails motorcycle.

f8d88d2519fdeb61c0be70557970b0a2.jpg
1d0b9d4afb3727f7e4398b02574a68fc.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really dig your new bike. I am saving to add some "older" bike to my garage collection, maybe an old CB or 650 Yamaha. The Kawasaki just looks fast! Glad for you...:thumbsup:
 
I had a ZRX1200. Hell of a bike. Great forum and info for those as well. Tons of power with just a full pipe and jet kit.

That being said- I like fuel injection now on the CB. Shame they never brought the Zrex here injected like they did over seas.
 
Wow! That's my dream "If I could have one more" bike. I hope you really enjoy it. I always enjoy seeing really clean examples on the road.
 
Thread starter
Desert viper, I should have kept my old 1100 stock as it was running like a top for a carbed bike .. I think the last years of the carbed bikes were pretty spot on

I got the ZRXOA mod itch and installed a full kerker megaphone and k&n pods and took me a few attempts to tune the carbs .. but those pods were funny acting in rain or those cold foggy mornings.

Lesson learnt .. this 1200 will be kept stock with the stock air box .. I don’t need no more power or noise .. I actually don’t mind less power

I know the carbs are a pain to reinstall back on the stock air box, but honestly the air box can be loosened and moved back and the reinstall is not that complicated but you only wanna doing them once a decade or so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’d leave the airbox- but def a jet kit, if not an exhaust as well. But something somewhat tame by zrx forum standards. My full muzzy pipe had a great deep bark- but was too loud at times.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Nice addition IndianRider! Making me miss my Kawa :s

Yes my ole buddies who now live in other states are already looking for a ZRX once again .. inspite of owning newer wonderful modern bikes
3a0461f35087d10c7a4a4da5ec4e8f59.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top