Harbor Freight Motorcycle Dolly - Anyone Using One?

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
With my new need to park all three bikes in the garage, including one sandwiched between the front of my car and my cabinets, I figured one of these Harbor Freight motorcycle dollies would make maneuvering a bit easier.

Picked one up a few nights ago on Facebook, and adjusted the side stand outrigger to fit all three bikes. Only monkeyed with it for a few minutes, but found it hard to roll with a bike on it. I'll try lubing the caster wheels which should help, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses one, and if you'd have any hacks or tricks that makes it easier to use.
 
Father in law and a another buddy that flips harleys both have them. No complaints. I might grab one myself to make getting the bike in and out of a tucked away corner easier in the winter.

I believe there is a "parking brake" or something on the wheels or dolly itself to keep it from rolling when you have it where you want. Maybe double check you dont have a stuck caster or the brake isn't on

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Father in law and a another buddy that flips harleys both have them. No complaints. I might grab one myself to make getting the bike in and out of a tucked away corner easier in the winter.

I believe there is a "parking brake" or something on the wheels or dolly itself to keep it from rolling when you have it where you want. Maybe double check you dont have a stuck caster or the brake isn't on

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah, I'll grease the wheels. The only brakes are the two ramps on the ends that flip down and raise the platform a bit so that you can roll the bike on and off without the thing rolling around. On my fairly slick floor, it still slides when you push the bike on, so I'll have to put some rubber under the ramps to keep it from sliding.
 
Thread starter
Oh yeah, I thought there was another thread on this. PB, any tricks you employ on the red HF dolly?
 
peterbaron_imp said:
No tricks needed on my yellow dollies.
I don't have HF.
My bad, I thought that's what you had PB. I remember 1 or 2 people had red ones that looked like that.
 
Thread starter
Well, OK, mentioned it to a neighbor. He's been wanting one, and since I'm finding it a bit fiddly to work with, he's going to buy it for what I paid for it.
I also had an issue with my mirrors... with the HF dolly, the front wheel pretty much has to be pointed straight. To keep my left mirror from bumping my cabinet doors, I have to turn the handlebars full right in that parking spot. On the dolly, to keep the mirror from bumping the cabinet, it has to be positioned uncomfortably close to the car.

So, I'll just have to jockey the bike into position a bit to park, but don't have to worry about the mirror getting bumped out of place or my car bumper dinged, and I help out a neighbor.
 
Gone, I have a red dolly that looks exactly like yours. My dolly will also side on my garage concrete floor while loading my bike. I cutted wedges from boards that are placed against the kickstand extension of the dolly, and another wedge against a dolly wheel on the other side.
I use the dolly for moving my 355 lbs CB77, which is a lot easier than rolling my CB1100 up on the dolly. The dolly is a perfect solution for parking both bikes in a tight spot.
dbf5d0de8c2cc8538b43dfde4c22f9fb.jpg
 
Thread starter
Here’s my Fiesta Sandwich.

The CB is wedged in front and the Triumph is in back.
They each have equal room on either side of the car.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
With my new need to park all three bikes in the garage, including one sandwiched between the front of my car and my cabinets, I figured one of these Harbor Freight motorcycle dollies would make maneuvering a bit easier.

Picked one up a few nights ago on Facebook, and adjusted the side stand outrigger to fit all three bikes. Only monkeyed with it for a few minutes, but found it hard to roll with a bike on it. I'll try lubing the caster wheels which should help, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses one, and if you'd have any hacks or tricks that makes it easier to use.

I bought one used but in good shape for the CB1100. Found it hard to maneuver, even on a smooth concrete floor. Sold it at a loss. I see them for sale all the time listed on Facebook marketplace.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
mtneers_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
With my new need to park all three bikes in the garage, including one sandwiched between the front of my car and my cabinets, I figured one of these Harbor Freight motorcycle dollies would make maneuvering a bit easier.

Picked one up a few nights ago on Facebook, and adjusted the side stand outrigger to fit all three bikes. Only monkeyed with it for a few minutes, but found it hard to roll with a bike on it. I'll try lubing the caster wheels which should help, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses one, and if you'd have any hacks or tricks that makes it easier to use.

I bought one used but in good shape for the CB1100. Found it hard to maneuver, even on a smooth concrete floor. Sold it at a loss. I see them for sale all the time listed on Facebook marketplace.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
At least I'm not takin' a loss. In that picture above, it's loaded up in the car and ready to be delivered to its new owner.
 
Have one. Like it but wheels get a little stuck on the driveway stress seams. Handy inside the garage to move a bike around as space is tight in our 3rd bay with 4 bikes in there and other stuff
 
Back
Top