I wasn’t going to respond, but I should be clear that I didn’t mean 7 as a warning. The circumstances of this forum are that Guth set it up and continues to pay for it. It’s remarkably generous of him to provide such an agreeable place for like-minded people from around the world. In the context of photos, I guess he prefers the remote storage model as it reduces the amount of storage space he has to pay for.j3gq_imp said:I appreciate your input, and respect your warning under 7. So I won't touch the subject again, not even with pliers ;(
I’ve not thought much about it, but it occurs to me that introducing a contributory model would give rise to a whole range of issues that Guth may not want to deal with.
But he’s mostly a kindly bloke and there’s no reason not to raise the question with him.