Perspective

Bazbro_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Bazbro , would you trade your right arm for my left one , two right arms would be useful for many jobs....
Actually, John, that could work. You're a beefier, younger guy than me and your left arm could be retrained, I'm sure - there's probably a Government course for just that somewhere!

You don't have tattoos, do you? Deal-breaker... :-/
Actually, John, that could work. You're a beefier, younger guy than me and your left arm could be retrained, I'm sure - there's probably a Government course for just that somewhere!

You don't have tattoos, do you? Deal-breaker... :-/ No , I have no tattoos and would never have one; tattoos will be the next health problem down the road , check GOOD medical info.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Bazbro , would you trade your right arm for my left one , two right arms would be useful for many jobs....
Actually, John, that could work. You're a beefier, younger guy than me and your left arm could be retrained, I'm sure - there's probably a Government course for just that somewhere!

You don't have tattoos, do you? Deal-breaker... :-/
Actually, John, that could work. You're a beefier, younger guy than me and your left arm could be retrained, I'm sure - there's probably a Government course for just that somewhere!

You don't have tattoos, do you? Deal-breaker... :-/ No , I have no tattoos and would never have one; tattoos will be the next health problem down the road , check GOOD medical info.
Actually, John, that could work. You're a beefier, younger guy than me and your left arm could be retrained, I'm sure - there's probably a Government course for just that somewhere!

You don't have tattoos, do you? Deal-breaker... :-/ No , I have no tattoos and would never have one; tattoos will be the next health problem down the road , check GOOD medical info.
Well that's OK then! I'll expect your arm in the post, when we can do the swap...! ;)
Stichill_imp said:
I wonder what it would be like to ride a Vincent in top form? My rose-colored glasses want to think it would be generally great with the exception of brakes.
Here's Jay Leno's take on the Vincent. He remarks about the powerful, FOUR drum brakes that are finned... :)
How To Get Started in Motorcycles
 
Bazbro , I checked with UPS , FedEx and the Post Office and they said that you can not ship body parts. When you send the plane tickets for A-Man and me to help you with your 4 into 4 exhaust we can swap our arms than , I am certain that UHS will pay for it.
 
Not so fast, not so easy, UK and US governments WILL TAX this service.
Please submit your full names, address and DOB :D:P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Not so fast, not so easy, UK and US governments WILL TAX this service.
Please submit your full names, address and DOB :D:P
Taxes will cost us an arm and a leg , therefor we do " under the table "
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Not so fast, not so easy, UK and US governments WILL TAX this service.
Please submit your full names, address and DOB :D:P
Taxes will cost us an arm and a leg , therefor we do " under the table "
Taxes will cost us an arm and a leg , therefor we do " under the table "
Are you guys gonna lay flat "under the table", not fixing bikes, or what...:P
Beware, now-days spy cameras are everywhere..
John, I know, you can handle any situation :D:clap:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
It's kinda sad, isn't it? I've been betrayed by my rose-colored goggles on several occasions. Were those 70's bikes really that bad when they were new, or are they simply worn out and we've become spoiled by current technology? I'd like to think it's the latter.

None of the 70's bikes that I owned in the past ten years were enjoyable to ride (1970 CB750, 1973 RD350 (not RD400 - no such thing in 1973), 1980 KZ440), and my friend's 1973 Z1 900 was a nightmare.
It's a really interesting question, but I suspect we'll never know the answer. At the time, those bikes were at the leading edge of sophistication and we all wondered how they could keep getting better. But they did. They continue to improve. Now, when we ride an old bike and it feels creaky, it's probably a combination of things being old and worn out and our having adapted to the improvements in the technology.

It would be interesting to know—but I doubt I will—how people in 50 years find the bikes of today. If, of course, they are allowed to ride them.
 
I found the '76 RD400 creaky in the day and reckon it definitely wouldn't feel better today.

Of course I didn't know how bad it was until my first Honda product of the day. :)

Nevertheless, I suppose many here at the Forum might give a little (e.g. apparently some are willing a "right arm") to sample riding a bike of yesteryear just to remember (or experience for the first time), but not to own.
 
I suspect that vintage cars are akin to vintage motorcycles in respect to the engineering of 50 years ago and that of today.

I once had the "pleasure" of driving a fully restored '66 Ford Fairlane. It was a purely miserable experience; from it's numb, unassisted steering, almost non-existent brakes, flaccid suspension and poor handling. Today's cars and motorcycles are so much better in every way. If only modern bikes had the style of yesterday.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I suspect that vintage cars are akin to vintage motorcycles in respect to the engineering of 50 years ago and that of today.

I once had the "pleasure" of driving a fully restored '66 Ford Fairlane. It was a purely miserable experience; from it's numb, unassisted steering, almost non-existent brakes, flaccid suspension and poor handling. Today's cars and motorcycles are so much better in every way. If only modern bikes had the style of yesterday.
Spot-on, Redbirds. :thumbsup:
Which is why I want to change my CB1100 into a CB750 lookalike.
 
Back
Top