the Ferret
Road warrior
Mine is clipped to the inside of my tank bag most of the time, or in my pants pocket if not using a tank bag (rare)
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I keep my remote attached to the seat 24/7. Just hook it under the seat strap. It never moves and always works. Reach back, hit the button, the door opens.shdwghst457_imp said:Does anyone here have a garage remote on the CB? I'm about to buy a garage door opener for the sole purpose of not getting off the bike to get in and out, and I'm researching methods of installing the remote on the bike. Internet is full of custom fab job ideas, but I was wondering if anyone has maybe a handlebar mounted button for the task.
Wow, I'm keeping an eye over my shoulder to make sure you don't pass me on post countInline4_imp said:I keep mine in the map area of my tank bag. Easy open, easy close.
Obviously I'm just upping my post count with this reply! :banana:


Picture showing the location pleasethumper_imp said:I don't commute on my bikes, so they're not out of my sight for very long when I park.
I mounted one of these (via 3M double-sided automotive moulding tape) atop my CB11's frame, between the top edge of the gas tank, and the steering stem:
http://shop.liftmaster-store.com/LiftMaster-890MAX-Mini-3-Button-Remote-Multi-Frequency_p_15.html
Unless you're looking for it, it's hiding in plain sight, and easy to manipulate, even while wearing thick racing gloves!![]()

That may work....gonna try here too.thumper_imp said:Sorry, should have put the picture in the first post (read: I tried the lazy approach!)
![]()
Do you leave it there when your not riding? Is that a water or weather proof opener?thumper_imp said:Sorry, should have put the picture in the first post (read: I tried the lazy approach!)
![]()
I absolutely have to get myself one of those.oldyaler_imp said:This looks like the perfect solution:![]()

Now there's an interesting idea. I wonder where that wire goes (from the passing switch). I bet I could pretty easily disassemble the keychain remote and solder some leads to the button circuitry and tap into the passing switch wiring. Maybe even tap the bike's battery so it wouldn't need it's own!ss2wheels_imp said:The slickest one is where you just blip your passing light switch and opens, I' sure it all fits in headlight bucket!
