Permanent garage door opener

Mine is clipped to the inside of my tank bag most of the time, or in my pants pocket if not using a tank bag (rare)
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Does anyone here have a garage remote on the CB? I'm about to buy a garage door opener for the sole purpose of not getting off the bike to get in and out, and I'm researching methods of installing the remote on the bike. Internet is full of custom fab job ideas, but I was wondering if anyone has maybe a handlebar mounted button for the task.
I keep my remote attached to the seat 24/7. Just hook it under the seat strap. It never moves and always works. Reach back, hit the button, the door opens.
 
I keep mine in the map area of my tank bag. Easy open, easy close.
Obviously I'm just upping my post count with this reply! :banana:
 
Inline4_imp said:
I keep mine in the map area of my tank bag. Easy open, easy close.
Obviously I'm just upping my post count with this reply! :banana:
Wow, I'm keeping an eye over my shoulder to make sure you don't pass me on post count :rolleyes:
 
thumper_imp said:
I don't commute on my bikes, so they're not out of my sight for very long when I park.

I mounted one of these (via 3M double-sided automotive moulding tape) atop my CB11's frame, between the top edge of the gas tank, and the steering stem:

http://shop.liftmaster-store.com/LiftMaster-890MAX-Mini-3-Button-Remote-Multi-Frequency_p_15.html

Unless you're looking for it, it's hiding in plain sight, and easy to manipulate, even while wearing thick racing gloves! :D
Picture showing the location please

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
thumper_imp said:
Sorry, should have put the picture in the first post (read: I tried the lazy approach!)

:D
Do you leave it there when your not riding? Is that a water or weather proof opener?

I might have to look at that location also. Maybe do a little MacGuiver action on a remote into a weather proof case... hmmm
 
Similar to Thumper's, there are several mini-remotes available that can learn your garage door opening codes and will fit on your keychain. Try looking on Amazon.
 
My remote would not fit under tank on frame, so I just Velcro'd to the inside right of my Comet fairing. I figure I would use my right hand so left can keep clutch in as I push it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I think the keychain remote is the way to go instead of some convoluted hack job installed on the bike. Not as fun, but it'll get the job done. Now to pick up the opener itself and install it!
 
Usually I have my wife just wait outside with the garage door opener in her hand so she can open the door upon my return.

But when she's not home, I have a Chamberlain garage door opener I got from Lowe's. It came with the keychain which works great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
+1 SS. HARLEY HAS ONE just flash your headlight and it opens and closes the garage door. Very nest no extra buttons or remotes.
Michael
 
Thread starter
Well, all done! Went the DIY route and got my opener fully operational. Dead silent aside from the door itself, and has a backup battery.

Right now I've got the keychain opener (separate purchase, thanks Chamberlain for not including that in the priciest box at the store) attached to the key. It'll get the job done, but it isn't quite good enough.

Anyone recommend a Sit N' Spin for bikes with center stands? I know Elipten has one; that will really make this effort worthwhile.


ss2wheels_imp said:
The slickest one is where you just blip your passing light switch and opens, I' sure it all fits in headlight bucket!
Now there's an interesting idea. I wonder where that wire goes (from the passing switch). I bet I could pretty easily disassemble the keychain remote and solder some leads to the button circuitry and tap into the passing switch wiring. Maybe even tap the bike's battery so it wouldn't need it's own!
Nevermind; it's apparently called the Turn a Bike TAB ST. Just ordered it.

All this combined with using my Tundra to throw away half of the junk in my garage will lead to a much more pleasant arrival/exit!
 
I'm getting the park n move. They got them on eBay $200.
SS where do you find the opener that works off your passing switch? I know Harley has had them on there bikes for several years
 
Thread starter
They had one like the park n move on the site where I got the turntable. I suppose it all depends on the space you're working with. I just hope to have enough clearance all around to complete the rotation! This too was $200. Park n move certainly beats it in number of functions but I wanted the simplicity of the disc version.
 
Back
Top