Performance upgrades.

Motomike7_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was wondering if anyone in here has, or know someone who has, done any performance mods to their cb1100 aside from an exhaust and tune. such as Cams, forced induction, etc.

For starters, I know I will get some hate for even asking this, but I'll ask that if you don't have anything constructive or insightful, please move on. I'm well aware that these are not performance-oriented bikes. I've had plenty of people tell me to just get a sport bike, so if you do share this sentiment then I'd ask you to point me in the direction of a sport bike that looks as beautiful as the cb1100 does.

I am aware that these bikes are not terribly common, at least here stateside, and there is little in the way of aftermarket mods. I have seen supercharger kits for the cb1000r, and while I don't expect to find anything similar to that for the cb1100 I would like to know what some of you all have done if anything. Honda made an amazing large displacement bike with high compression, but choaked it back and speed limited it.

So far, I am in the process of a full exhaust, intake, and tune as-well as a gearing change for more low-end pull, Thank you all in advance. I don't mean to come across as rude however the completely unwarranted hatred I get for modifying my own motorcycle that I bought to ride gets old pretty quick lol.
 
we have several members who are into performance upgrades. I'm sure they will be along shortly.
 
Motomike7_imp said:
I was wondering if anyone in here has, or know someone who has, done any performance mods to their cb1100 aside from an exhaust and tune. such as Cams, forced induction, etc.

For starters, I know I will get some hate for even asking this, but I'll ask that if you don't have anything constructive or insightful, please move on. I'm well aware that these are not performance-oriented bikes. I've had plenty of people tell me to just get a sport bike, so if you do share this sentiment then I'd ask you to point me in the direction of a sport bike that looks as beautiful as the cb1100 does.

I am aware that these bikes are not terribly common, at least here stateside, and there is little in the way of aftermarket mods. I have seen supercharger kits for the cb1000r, and while I don't expect to find anything similar to that for the cb1100 I would like to know what some of you all have done if anything. Honda made an amazing large displacement bike with high compression, but choaked it back and speed limited it.

So far, I am in the process of a full exhaust, intake, and tune as-well as a gearing change for more low-end pull, Thank you all in advance. I don't mean to come across as rude however the completely unwarranted hatred I get for modifying my own motorcycle that I bought to ride gets old pretty quick lol.
You're not going to find that here. This forum is different than most.
 
Welcome to the forum Motormike7.

The search function here is quite useful. Alternatively, using Google to search individual sites is pretty effective too.
 
Welcome to the Forum, Motomike7. You will find good company and plenty of folk from all over the world offering their help and suggestions for your project. What year and model cb1100 are you riding/wrenching?
 
Calling Powerdubs!!

Meanwhile, Welcome Motomike!!
 
Until the weather breaks- this is the best you will find... I've done more since, but untested.


Unless someone is stepping up to challenge but is keeping quiet...


fee989933cfaee21442a7617f0526c5a.jpg



43d73287118688a17f524badcba2715f.jpg
 
That is a pretty intense quest, sort of like asking a Catalina 36 to perform like a J109. Just not built to do it, but it's your bike, so go head on! I modded the exhaust and intake on the Kawi Vulcan 1500 I used to have, using only what I had in my garage, which is nowhere near as nice as your set up, so have fun!
 
What happened to this guy?

Makes an interesting first post...gets responses from fellow like minded people (and some not so much) but never comes back....
 
Like the guy asking about his meters fading out. Asks a question then never comes back.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
What happened to this guy?

Makes an interesting first post...gets responses from fellow like minded people (and some not so much) but never comes back....
He was on the forum at 10:54 am this morning? Maybe he's the shy type lol
 
Meters fading...eh, maybe he said screw it and bought new ones- or used on Ebay.

I can see where delving into electronics is intimidating to most.

Performance though? Simple in comparison and multifaceted in it's approach.

So- Mike isn't / wasn't 'shy'- he knew the avenues to attack - and knew there would be nannies here to poo poo on his quest.

Did he just decide to go it alone?

Did he decide to not participate here because for some odd reason this is an 'anti' performance friendly place?

I'd assume he is still alive. I'd assume he still has the bike.

But things like this-

obleo_imp said:
Draw more flies with sugar than vinegar.

and this-

Charlie Bravo_imp said:
That is a pretty intense quest, sort of like asking a Catalina 36 to perform like a J109. Just not built to do it, but it's your bike, so go head on! I modded the exhaust and intake on the Kawi Vulcan 1500 I used to have, using only what I had in my garage, which is nowhere near as nice as your set up, so have fun!

Are off putting.

Especially as these bikes age- they are going to be bought by younger people who may not have been able to afford them new...heck, may not have had their license a decade ago.... but want to play.

Relegating what is a true UJM to 'not built for that' is both ignorant and insulting to both to the heritage of what these bikes were 45-50 years ago and what THEY STILL ARE NOW- and the people that WANT TO MAKE IT THEIR OWN WAY- Universal.

Personally that B.S. old man mindset pi**es me off MUCH more than saying a word that is banned here= but can be heard everywhere else, tv, movies, on any street, at any store...

Come back Mike!! We need more motorheads here! It's a F-ING MOTORCYCLE after all- not a beige Camry.
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Welcome to the Forum, Motomike7. You will find good company and plenty of folk from all over the world offering their help and suggestions for your project. What year and model cb1100 are you riding/wrenching?
Its a 2014. sorry for my radio silence. I set it up to email me when or if someone responded to the thread and I never got any so I assumed nobody said anything haha. I have to clear that up with a few people now so I don't look like a d nozzle.
The ferret_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
What happened to this guy?

Makes an interesting first post...gets responses from fellow like minded people (and some not so much) but never comes back....
He was on the forum at 10:54 am this morning? Maybe he's the shy type lol
He was on the forum at 10:54 am this morning? Maybe he's the shy type lol
sorry all, Im trying to reply to people as i see it haha. I thought I had it set to send me an email if someone replied to the thread and never got any emails so I assumed nobody responded. not trying to ignore people.
 
Back
Top