kmoney_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
So I bought a member's take-off Ryujin Hand-Bent Full Exhaust on eBay and am looking into how I plan on mapping it. I plan on running it without the baffle, and figure I will need at least a bit of a re-tune to get me along until I eventually take it in for a real dyno session.
There are only two maps on the Power Commander website (stock and Yoshimura slip-on muffler). I'm running the map for the stock bike right now, and was thinking I would switch to the Yosh slip-on map as a stop gap, but then I noticed the following.

The map for the slip-on exhaust is massively leaned out (red squares) compared to PCV map for a stock bike, which fattens most of the rev range (green squares).
I just can't figure out how with better breathing you would want less fuel? I figured the slip-on map would at least get me in the direction of fattening things up a bit, but I guess I'd just be better off sticking with the stock map until I can get one made? Or is there actually a reason why you would want less fuel with a better breathing exhaust?
There are only two maps on the Power Commander website (stock and Yoshimura slip-on muffler). I'm running the map for the stock bike right now, and was thinking I would switch to the Yosh slip-on map as a stop gap, but then I noticed the following.

The map for the slip-on exhaust is massively leaned out (red squares) compared to PCV map for a stock bike, which fattens most of the rev range (green squares).
I just can't figure out how with better breathing you would want less fuel? I figured the slip-on map would at least get me in the direction of fattening things up a bit, but I guess I'd just be better off sticking with the stock map until I can get one made? Or is there actually a reason why you would want less fuel with a better breathing exhaust?
