Part No for 2017 EX low seat?

p200_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Does anyone have the honda part number for the 2017EX honda low seat from Japan? Or a recommendation on where to buy one? is samurider the best option?

Seems like the K&H low seat does not fit the 2017EX or am I wrong?
 
I could be wrong, but I thought seats were interchangeable between model years, so it would be a surprise if the K&H seat didn’t fit.

Houtman, or someone with more than one year might help us.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, p200.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I could be wrong, but I thought seats were interchangeable between model years, so it would be a surprise if the K&H seat didn’t fit.

Houtman, or someone with more than one year might help us.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, p200.
Thanks! glad to be here. The reason I was assuming the K&H didn't have a low seat for '17 was because only mid seats are shown with the products listed on their page.

CB1100 フランジレスタンク|K&H

I'm making the assumption that the "flangeless" tank is the correct tank not the 14L or 17L tank. Hoping I'm wrong about the availability of the low seat.
 
Please don’t go on my say so. Someone here is likely to know. Otherwise I’d be asking Mr T at Samurider about the options.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Please don’t go on my say so. Someone here is likely to know. Otherwise I’d be asking Mr T at Samurider about the options.
I checked with Mr. T and as it turns out the K&H low seat is not designed for the flangeless tanks of the 2017-2020 RS/EX models.
 
Thread starter
Low honda seat installed

9c8797ba3b20ce63d7871021963b36c6.jpg


for comparison - standard seat

9fa30725088b78c0a0b720feeb7a3b57.jpg
 
That is quite the difference. Thanks for sharing.

Doesn’t look like you will be pushed forward as much with that version.
 
Thread starter
Some measurements showing the difference between low and standard seat

measured from the other side of the vinyl



1cd65b5d606ffaf1b459ee8bf4f98910.jpg


Low seat

a19165e7e3b428dcedd43b6079fe7c31.jpg


Standard seat

274dc0d68d9aafd5f0893dbed8a3afcb.jpg

top view comparison of both seats

Low

6bbfb746150d462a8c51fab82a72db97.jpg


Standard

efcf55743b8018c04a194cde55df384c.jpg
 
Seems to me the Low seat would be uncomfortable. Is it bought because of inseams, looks or people just want to suffer butt pain?
 
I think seat comfort is a personal preference. But some people tolerate discomfort better than others. Factory seat would make me extremely uncomfortable in under an hour, a problem solved by Corbin. Someone here did an iron butt challenge on a factory seat and claimed it was not a big deal. So I don't know what to think anymore
 
Probably likened to a person able to crouch for 30 minutes in the garden without a care and another can only do it for a minute before complaining.
 
Thread starter
Just rode for about an hour on the low seat, mostly back roads and around town. Didn't notice any seat issues. The lower profile has me sitting close to the tank; like a sport bike. Some of my weight is carried on the pegs. So I'm probably not really sitting down on the seat like you would on a cruiser. That's probably the difference, I'm sure if I were sitting further back with all my weight on my butt, I'd want the stock seat back or a better aftermarket saddle. Most of my riding is going to be like today's ride; back roads and around town.

When I put the low seat on the first time, I did notice the bars felt too high, but that feeling went away after a while and felt pretty natural today.
 
Back
Top