Painted my bike

ManInBlack_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So recently I dropped my Yamaha FJ-09 taking it off the center stand in my garage. It fell into my CB1100 and down they went like expense dominoes. Everything I know about lifting a bike went out the window when it is one bike on top of another, but after a lot a swearing, grunting, heaving and eventually getting help from a neighbor, everything was upright again. My CB1100 had some scratches on the tank that I obsessed over though, so I decided to bite the bullet and paint it. I just did it in my garage with spray cans and bought the service manual so I could figure out how to take the tank off.

I am happy with the results, but realized recently I put the Honda emblems on backwards. They are on there pretty good so I am just going to live with it. I have always been a little backwards myself.



[url=https://flic.kr/p/YHqJQE]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XFga3E]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XJNWH6]
 
Omg that had to be a major bummer. Looks like you did a good job considering you used rattle cans.
 
Looks pretty cool and different! Hey i just ordered that exact seat, how do you like it? Any fitment problems or did it pop right in?
 
Thread starter
greekcb_imp said:
Looks pretty cool and different! Hey i just ordered that exact seat, how do you like it? Any fitment problems or did it pop right in?
The seat fit on just like the original. Very well made. And comfortable...
 
I would be satisfied if Honda would have just made accessory rubber knee pads that were custom made for these tanks.

I miss my Bomber. I don't miss having to fiddle with it for an hour every time I wanted to take it out for a ride :)

use2b_imp said:
if there was a way you could incorporate the chrome side covers of the old CB450 it would be amazing = JMO
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
I like it! BMW has that grey on the R9T. It's my favorite color scheme on that model. Works on the CB too IMO.
Thanks! I love black and gray together. I like that it is one of a kind... even if the Honda emblems are backwards... grrrr...
 
Koudos for the having the gumption to paint your machine. With leftover '14 prices, I'm tempted to buy another one. I love the black standards, and think they have enough chrome and silver relief for it not to be "too much". But it would be fun to spice things up with other colors--that Canadian blue for starters. A burnt orange, an olive green, a deep yellow...I think all could look awesome starting with what the '14 standard already has. Now, enjoy the uniqueness of the Grey!
 
I fixed the Honda emblems. That was never going to stop bugging me.

So, did you fix it or Photoshop it?
94173db7ca0921b868e4b1db34114199.png


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
I fixed the Honda emblems. That was never going to stop bugging me.

So, did you fix it or Photoshop it?
94173db7ca0921b868e4b1db34114199.png


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Haha. I actually fixed it, but photoshop had occurred to me.
 
It looks really good, the gray and the logo! Goes well with the black pipes. I too like the chrome fenders. You have to get RLETS though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
don't know what your budget is, but would be cool to have both and swap them out now and then. I am really liking this! please tell me how you got the emblems to look like that?
 
Back
Top