Paint Flaking - Spark Plug Manifold

Moini:hello:

same Problem in Germany:dodgy: (Model 2013)

Genuine Honda Quality:huh: not overheating, only cheap paint

but Honda change it in warranty:clap:

[attachment=3934]


Some guys here have the problem with the fins!
That's very bad thing!

Christmas greetings
T:cool:M
 
The ferret_imp said:
How about some pics? Im having trouble picturing where you are describing.

There was some reported paint flaking on cylinder fins back in 2013 on the black motors I think. Ack may have had an issue with it, and I know of 1 in Britain. There may have been a couple of others, but certainly isolated cases. Both of those bikes sat outside covered I think. Going from memory here.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1924

Keep us informed as to what Honda says.
just fyi, from the French board,
http://www.forumcb1100.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=419

17 pages dedicated to this issue, its gone far beyond 'isolated cases' imo



I am gonna be very tedious with this bike, thats for sure.
After a shower of rain, dry the bike immediately, I wont wait as long as I did with my Burgman.
Investing in bottles of chrome polish and bottles to give all metal parts an anti corrosion treatment.
 
Prep failure or bad paint chemistry. Paints had to change to meet EPA laws (foreign and domestic) and in many cases the end product is not quite as robust as the old stuff. If powder coated should be much better. So I tend to agree with the "bad prep" club here.

That failure is much worse than the minor stuff reported earlier. I wonder if it was the "new kid" at the factory.
 
okay now I am really trying to get over this one, but its hard...

same side as the previous flaking, right hand side.

the paint surrounding the cover bolt is lifted, left to the oil dip.

15e13b07029957ee284bf64a59e73303.jpg

dc8b879df98d2420e843fc18751a75b5.jpg
 
My 2013 has a rectangular raised area on that bolt flange. I figure it's left over from the casting or machining process. It looks just like the one in the pic in your Image link. I don't see a problem
 
I just found a small spot on one of the fins of my black 2015 standard. Not too happy but I'm sure if I were painted some of it would be flaking off of me as well. I bought a can of barbecue paint and I'm going to try that to see if it stops the flaking from spreading.

a63951a9e7a82b7f240925dba9963942.jpg
 
Back
Top