OTD 2014 Standard

billyjax_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi Guys

I received an out the door quote of $11,600 for the 2014 Black CB1100 Standard. Includes tax,tag,title. Is this a good deal?
 
billyjax_imp said:
Hi Guys

I received an out the door quote of $11,600 for the 2014 Black CB1100 Standard. Includes tax,tag,title. Is this a good deal?
What is the sales tax in Florida?

$11,600 doesn't seem like a great price. I got my 2013 for $9800 OTD (bidding war between 2 dealers - had to travel 70 miles instead of 15 miles to get mine). Maybe tell them $10,800 OTD is a done deal. If they say no expand your search of dealers.
 
Things vary from state to state, so it's a little tough to say...you'd have to break out the line items. At a glance, it seems like it might be a little high--but then again, you're looking at one of the first examples of a bike with (relatively) substantial changes, so one might expect that. On the other hand, given that '13s are still sitting around unsold, maybe not...

In the end, it depends on your priorities. If you can afford it, and you buy at that price, are you going to beat yourself up in a few months when you can buy one for (hypothetically) $1,000 less? Or are you going to be happy for the few extra months you enjoyed the bike, and not worry about it?
 
Not this again.......I was $11200 OTD for a 2013 in Northern Delaware where things are pricey because people have good jobs and limited Honda dealers.

Also discovered on this forum, OTD means different things to different people, some did not include their DMV, title , etc in "their" OTD prices they were bragging about.
They actually had two OTD costs
1. OTD of the dealer
2. OTD of DMV
 
Sales tax in FL averages 6%, but it varies slightly from county to county. I don't think any are over 6.5%. I'd say with the $10,300 MSRP, OTD price of $11,600 is a typical, but not outstanding, deal. You are buying a brand new model, right off the ship, so it's going to be harder to find a bargain than on a left-over 2013 CBR1000RR.
 
My deluxe was $12,300 OTD. OTD meaning price of bike + TTL.
Title & License were $136, and taxes are 7% here in Illinoise.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Sales tax in FL averages 6%, but it varies slightly from county to county. I don't think any are over 6.5%. I'd say with the $10,300 MSRP, OTD price of $11,600 is a typical, but not outstanding, deal. You are buying a brand new model, right off the ship, so it's going to be harder to find a bargain than on a left-over 2013 CBR1000RR.
I echo this from fl.
If you want a deal then you'll need to be patient. A throw caution to the wind.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You should not pay more than 10k plus your state sales tax and tags only, no other fees and I know for a fact that at 10k the dealer is making a fair profit. I was quoted less than that but 10k is fair!
 
A buddy was quoted $12,300 OTD all- in for a 2014 DLX today in NJ. There are none in stock around here yet, the dealer/ owner told us they are hitting the warm states first, expects them here in May. I think it's an OK deal, no negotiations, so we'll see where he ends up, as he is definitely buying one.
 
Or if you are really patient like I was you could pickle up when somebody gets bored or changes their mind on style. Happens all the time. Paid 7kotd for my 13' with 150 miles on the odo from a seller who just wasn't riding like he thought.

In the end you will really never regret what you pay. It's a great bike and riding makes any price seem irrelevant.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hitting the warm states first? Why in the world did that dealership in Wisconsin get one already then? It isn't warm here just yet, heck it snowed today!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Romo1969_imp said:
Or if you are really patient like I was you could pickle up when somebody gets bored or changes their mind on style. Happens all the time. Paid 7kotd for my 13' with 150 miles on the odo from a seller who just wasn't riding like he thought.

In the end you will really never regret what you pay. It's a great bike and riding makes any price seem irrelevant.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed, I know our money's worth more but I paid £7600 for a nearly one year old 13 with 104 miles on.

Yes we pay more pro-rata, but our wages are much better and our houses are worth more, so all is fair in the end.
 
$9,875 for my '14 Black CB1100 with another $200 off for cash. I consider that a win.
I pried another $2500 out of his pocket for my '06 CB600F6. I consider this a loss because I was too excited and lazy to sell it myself. Probably good for another $500.
Goofy weather up here has it holed up at the dealer until ??
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
$9,875 for my '14 Black CB1100 with another $200 off for cash. I consider that a win.
I pried another $2500 out of his pocket for my '06 CB600F6. I consider this a loss because I was too excited and lazy to sell it myself. Probably good for another $500.
Goofy weather up here has it holed up at the dealer until ??
Nice work.
And for that extra 500 you would have had the pleasure of meeting every young squid out there w just enough cash to try and steal your bike. Then likely crash something you took care of.
You dodged the bullet.
Gjob


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
dBuster_imp said:
Hitting the warm states first? Why in the world did that dealership in Wisconsin get one already then? It isn't warm here just yet, heck it snowed today!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I told him Ohio must have got some by mistake then!
 
Your right Romo. One other person had said the same thing.

Regardless of what could have happened, the "599" was exceptional. It was not popular due to its high price tag being an Italian built bike, but it had personality. Sure, it had the heart of a sport bike but you sat in a more natural position. The flat slide Carbs were the last for Honda (yes it had a choke) and that added character. It was a bike you still had to communicate with. Not like the seamless machines of today where you can slam her in gear before the starter quits spinning.

I guess this is my "599"'s epitaph since it's been my partner for the last 9 years.
dBuster_imp said:
Hitting the warm states first? Why in the world did that dealership in Wisconsin get one already then? It isn't warm here just yet, heck it snowed today!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Well, you know. They must be Packer fans.
 
Back
Top