the Ferret
Road warrior
I think east side we saw a ton of bridges off to our left. We are by the airport
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
'Birds, did you notice the feathered photo-bomber?Pterodactyl_imp said:'Birds, did you notice the feathered photo-bomber?redbirds_imp said:Lovely photos. Oregon's coast must be spectacular.
And yes, beautiful scenery.
Cheers
I know that is what I always carry with me, on a ride!Jonz_imp said:Thanks for looking! Dharma the knee pads are something I made, rubber flooring and 3m outdoor double stick tape.They still look good 1-1/2 years latter. We had a great trip.Yeah that tank bag was expanded all the way. It really wasn't much of a factor even in the 20mph winds (with 30mph gusts) that persisted for a few afternoons. Thats where we kept our cameras, binoculars, I-pad, snacks, water bottle, and Lesli's trumpet. We stayed in Astoria, Yachats (4 nites), Port Orford (3 nites), Gold Beach (2 nites), Brookings, and Portland. Not exactly in the order listed. Having travelled that stretch of 101 and always saying next time I want to see more , we finally did! Sea stacks, capes, points, beaches, old growth Sitka Spruce, and clean air. We saw Gray whales (once from our hotel room window), Osprey, and hundreds of Harleys and BMW. The rivers that flow to the coast aside from being beautiful have fun roads along side. If anyone gets to Gold Beach ride up the Rouge River 35 miles to Agness and grab a bite to eat! I was told that from Agness to Grants Pass (on I-5) it's 1 lane paved, next time! More photos soon.
Jon Z

The navy stationed blimps there for anti submarine work during WWII. There used to be two hangers. One remains and houses an air museum that's well worth seeing if your into WWII aircraft.Jonz_imp said:Dr_Rock I've stayed in Netarts many times. The 3 Capes loop that leaves from Tillamook takes you there. You can walk on the beach to Oceanside. My favorite walk is out Cape Lookout. I also like the walks on the spit just north of Cape Meres. I've alway meant to get to the air museum just south of Tillamook. I think they built dirigibles in that building in WWII. And of course there's the ice cream. Hope that helps. Jon Z
Mike,Mike Bee_imp said:The navy stationed blimps there for anti submarine work during WWII. There used to be two hangers. One remains and houses an air museum that's well worth seeing if your into WWII aircraft.Jonz_imp said:Dr_Rock I've stayed in Netarts many times. The 3 Capes loop that leaves from Tillamook takes you there. You can walk on the beach to Oceanside. My favorite walk is out Cape Lookout. I also like the walks on the spit just north of Cape Meres. I've alway meant to get to the air museum just south of Tillamook. I think they built dirigibles in that building in WWII. And of course there's the ice cream. Hope that helps. Jon Z
~ The Bee