OOPs I did it again

glenncal1_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So after buying a 1973 DT100 just for fun, this little gem shows up on CL. 1982 DT100 with only 163 miles showing on the clock. It is not pristine but I couldn't resist.
 
Ahh...2 stroke simplicity!
 
Uhh.... no timing chains, no timing belts.. the timing was all static mechanical- the physical location of the ports in the cylinder.

Why would you need a belt or a chain when there are no valves, no cams, and therefore no rotational driven opening mechanism?
 
......and a lots of mods with ports, exhaust and intake were done with 2-stroke without spending a lot of money...lovely rpm with high "C" sound :thumbsup:

pb
 
Cheap and easy- no need to buy high performance camshafts, no need for bigger valves, no need for different valve springs.

Where's my dremel? was all you needed to know.
 
At highway speed, and streetbike gearing - no.

But having grown up on 80's 2-stroke 80cc motocross bikes- they can certainly put you on your a**, or into a tree in 1-2 gear if you were to rev them, and pop the clutch while not having much experience.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
At highway speed, and streetbike gearing - no.

But having grown up on 80's 2-stroke 80cc motocross bikes- they can certainly put you on your a**, or into a tree in 1-2 gear if you were to rev them, and pop the clutch while not having much experience.
Yeah, that is the reason I rode (I use "rode" is the loosest way possible) a 2-stroke once and only once.

I found 4-strokes to be much more agreeable.
 
Back
Top