Only 1st gear slipping

Wow....


Only ever witnessed that once- 25+ years ago- and even then, it was on a 15+ year old dirtbike... (old IT175)... guy was trying to rev it up and dump the clutch on the street and wondered why it wasn't moving...

Can't fathom that happening on a real motorcycle... how many (neglected) miles had this bike done?
 
Still.Cruzin_imp said:
Problem fixed, it was my sprockets. Heavily worn out, wheelie attempts comes to mind(shoutout to Jon's Moto garage). I never paid attention to them when I cleaned the chain, only after replacing the rear tires and front sprocket(1 tooth down, highly recommended, she's feels more lively) I noticed it was dulled like a butter knife. Thanks for the input and help folks!
Wow! I'd replace the chain too: it can't be any good to have had it rubbing against that sproket.
 
I only saw this happen once in my 50 years of motorcycle experience, and this was on a very neglected 60cc Yamaha dirt bike. It made a very noticeable noise when the sprocket slipped on the chain. I am surprised the noise on this CB1100 wasn't more noticeable.
 
I think you 've been very lucky SC, if this chain had slipped off the wheel while you were testing "your clutch w/ high revs" you might as well have ended up in the ditch. Congrats !
 
Back
Top