old gas and fuel injection

Thread starter
Final update I hope. I got my bike back today after a month and a half. Under warranty all four spark plugs and injectors were replaced, Approx. $680. Too cold to ride, but should be able to next week. Service manager said the bike ran perfect.
 
That's good news! Hope you get to ride it next week.
 
Yeah ... great news TCB. Let us know how it goes.
 
Good deal. I see you are in the midwest. Might I suggest you put a few ounces of either stabil or seafoam in the gas before your test ride in case the bike is going to be sitting for any length of time after your test ride.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Good deal. I see you are in the midwest. Might I suggest you put a few ounces of either stabil or seafoam in the gas before your test ride in case the bike is going to be sitting for any length of time after your test ride.
Yep, fuel stabilizer works. I have an RV with a 4KW generator, I start the genset about once a month. I used to have to crank it for 10-15 seconds after priming before it'd fire up. After I poured the recomended amount of stabilizer in the tank it starts in less than 5 seconds. Whatever it does, it works. And this was old gas to begin with, in a 20-gallon tank. I used Star Tron brand.
 
Star Tron is highly recommended stuff from what I have read
 
I was at a local Honda dealer just 2 days ago and I asked him what he used for gas treatment and he went and got a bottle of Star Tron, he swears by it. He said he used to use Stabil but as fuels changed he switched to ST and has noticed a huge difference.
 
Thread starter
I got to ride my bike today, temps got up to 55. The bike runs like night and day better! I have renewed faith in my buying decision! My dealer highly recommended Star Tron as well and already put some in my tank!
 
I was just about out of the 10% ethanol gas in my tank yesterday, so I filled up with 90 octane 100% gas. Other than the additional cost, I made a wise decision, as the bike seems to be more peppy, plus if I don't get to ride that much in the upcoming cold weather I won't have to worry about attracting water due to not having ethanol in the tank.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all! It is amazing how much the bike runs so much better! Extremely smooth and a lot more power! Apparently it was only running on 3 cylinders, thus the rough idle, stumble, lack of power and poor MPG.
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
I'm in Southern California. Only place to find it is very expensive race fuel suppliers.
After spending $1300 to replace my Ducati Multistrada fuel tank recently due to ethanol swelling the tank, I am using only non oxy gas in my motorcycles. Try installing the app "Pure Gas" on your smart phone and you might be surprised at how many service stations sell non ethanol gas nearby. Maybe it's bigger here in Mn because of how many boats are used here.
 
Back
Top