Ok..done deal!

I've been reading through this thread for and admit that for a little while there I thought I had joined the wrong group of people ... so much chat about justifying a motorcyle purchase and best way to invest your money, WTF! As I may have stated in another thread somewhere, "It's my bike and has to only please one person, ME!" So in this case it's Ferret's bike, congratulations mate it's a great decision and I hope you get 1000's of happy miles out of the new CB.

p.s. There's no time like the period waiting for delivery to be planning those peronalising touches (exhaust, mirrors, turn indcators, seat, etc.) whilst you're waiting for delivery and get the parts ordered asap ... I'm with Guth on this, they just make you feel better and smile even wider.
 
Thread starter
Someone said it. Can't explain love.

I have a buddy that has been married 3 times. His favorite expression is "love is grand..divorce is a hundred grand"

Pick the right woman (I did) and you can save yourself some serious coin. Lol

This thread was a little darker than our usual light mood around here. Sorry! There has been some good thoughts and sentiments expressed, and possibly some thought provoking wisdom for anyone considering a purchase of something thats not totally necessary, or justified ... No matter the item.

It's all good fellas, this discussion would have come out eventually. Better now, and long forgotten, than to spoil the " look at my new bike" thread.

davidsargee... A pattern indeed! I can't wait!

Now lets get back to light hearted fun eh? :beerchug:
 
Guth_imp said:
After looking over this thread once again, I can't help but reflect upon my own experiences when it comes to those things I'm "enthusiastic" about and of course the CB1100 in particular...

So I hadn't owned my CB1100 all that long when I figured out that I wanted to change up the exhaust note. I decided I'd go for a slip-on exhaust and I had a number of options to choose from. In the end, I was won over by the one that looked and sounded the best to me, and of course it was also the most expensive one to boot at over $800. After picking up my Staintune from the dealer and arriving home with it, my wife was in shock. Why was it that I felt the need to spend so much money (or any money at all for that matter) on a part for a bike that I had just purchased she wondered. I just looked at her and said something to the effect of "You know what, I can't explain it. I seriously have no explanation that you would be able to understand". After all it's not like I was going to get some big performance gain from it, or that my fuel efficiency was going to shoot way up. The exhaust that came from the factory was perfectly good, nothing wrong with it. There was simply no logical justification that could be made for my purchase.

After installing the Staintune, I took the CB out for a spin. I got such a huge cuss-eating grin on my face that I was almost embarrassed (almost). The thing is, I still get that grin when I head out for ride and roll on the throttle. The exhaust was indeed expensive, insanely so by my standards, but the the return on that sizable investment has been priceless. Some people will get that, and some people won't. It matters not to me though because I consider it part of my successful therapy program. It just can't be explained to those who don't understand. Nor can it be measured. But every time I finish up with a ride, even a commute, I just feel better.

I'm now picturing the ferret out on the road somewhere in the not too distant future. He'll be riding his new 2014 CB1100 Deluxe and wearing the new larger helmet that he bought — larger in order to accommodate the size of the grin that he's constantly sporting.

I been married to the same woman for 40 years! She gave up b!tchin and complaining about the $$ I spend on my bikes about 25 years ago, I think that is why I been married for 40 years
 
I probably missed it, since it is a very minor detail; but do you have an idea of when your bike will be in your hot little hands?
 
Thread starter
Expected delivery date is March 29...ironically the same day I picked up my 2013 last year
 
Thread starter
I hate hijack this thread but Guth brought up his Staintune.
As a retailer for many years (as some of you have figured out I loved
being a retailer) I was always surprised at how people put a value on
their motorcycle. It would seem that a lot of customers would have
a hard time spending a few hundred $ to improve a metric bike just a
few years old but a HD customer did not even flinch a spending
a coupe of grand on a bike that was 10 or 15 years old.
It was a mater of how people perceive their motorcycle.
 
Ferret,

If it helps, I could get one of those helmet cams and send you the clips, 70 degrees in North Texas this weekend, I'll be taking the blanket off.

Oh, and I'll try to fax a nice brisket from that place in Waco.

Hang in there, your new baby will be here before you know it.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Yep my Majesty is an 06, and was sacrificed along with my CB to buy the 2014. It's on the right facing you on the trailer. The CB is on the left, facing away.

My wife's Majesty, which we still have is an 09, so I still have a scooter to ride when feeling scooterish. ( if she will let me lol )
 
You still have your other bike too, right? So you can still ride if the weather lets up.

It's all good, at least you aren't totally 4 wheel bound. :)
 
soggybottom_imp said:
Ferret, you sure can generate some high post count threads! You might be the most interesting man in the world?
He doesn't drink much, but when he does he rides a CB1100. :P :beerchug:
 
Ferret...those...are...the...(sniff, sniff)...saddest...photos...(sniff, sniff)...I've...seen...today. :(

I need to go for a ride to clear my depression. :P
 
soggybottom_imp said:
Ferret, you sure can generate some high post count threads! You might be the most interesting man in the world?
I don't often not ride a CB1100...

[Insert ferret photo here]

But when I do, it's usually February to March 29th.

Keep posting, my friends.
 
Rolls,

I like yours better than mine...
 
Thread starter
Thank you my friends... I knew you would understand

davidsargee_imp said:
You still have your other bike too, right? So you can still ride if the weather lets up.

It's all good, at least you aren't totally 4 wheel bound. :)
Yes have ST and my wifes Majesty and if I got hard up my sons FZ-1 and his Ducati Monster are currently residing in the garage

soggybottom_imp said:
Ferret, you sure can generate some high post count threads! You might be the most interesting man in the world?
If thats true the male species is doomed

thumper_imp said:
Ferret...those...are...the...(sniff, sniff)...saddest...photos...(sniff, sniff)...I've...seen...today. :(

I need to go for a ride to clear my depression. :P
My wife asked me if I was really sad. I said absolutely...I'm always sad when a motorcycle leaves the garage for good. But come March 29 I should be doing a Snoopy dance


redbirds_imp said:
Those are some cool looking bird houses on the wall Ferret. Did you build them?
No, as birders my wife also collected bird houses. They were all over the inside of our house. One day she asked me to put up a big piece of barn siding and she moved them all outside. Every once in a while a wren will nest in one, and a mouse nests in one sitting on the ground, but she has since taken up being a potter, and now there are pottery pieces all over the house lol
 
69b76493992a6a36c7852218195611d5.jpg


Ferrett... Is this you clearing the driveway before the dealer arrived
this morning?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well, its a sad thing to see such a good motorcycle leave the house. :(
Better days are ahead though with the new 14 coming in. The beauty in all of this is that you are going to get a new one and somebody else is going to get a chance to own a really really good Cb11. The more the merrier and I hope they keep building them for years to come although that may be wishful thinking. Good to hear you have such a stash of motorcycles to chose from to ride just in case the weather ever breaks. :D
 
Back
Top