Ok..done deal!

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just got back from the dealer. Took him my titles, and spare keys from my trades, which he is picking up Friday morning, wrote him a check for the balance, so my 2014 CB 1100 Deluxe is paid in full :excited:

Now, I just need to wait for it to come in at the end of March. :dodgy:

I also reminded him he needed to put 2 new rubber lever end covers on the new one for me before I would accept it :thumbsup:
 
Congrats. :banana: Its probably a good thing you dealer is picking up your CB11. With the rotten weather we are having you might not be tempted as bad to get out on something and feeling sorry for yourself because of the weather.

One thing I am interested in hearing about your new bike is if you think the back brake is any better than the one you are trading in. And of course all of the other gory details. ;)
 
Thread starter
What do ya mean? ..according the the District Honda Service Rep, there was nothing wrong with my back brake..I just needed to learn how to ride :rofl:

Lol..ok I will let you know, but I won't be able to lock the new one up either ...ABS and all
 
If winter continues the new one may have to be delivered to your house also Ferret. I am looking forward to pictures but a test ride report even more so.
 
Congrats on the new bike. If things go as planned, I should be able to see it (and you, I guess) at the end of April. :)
 
So ferret, did you ever bleed your rear brake? I'm still pretty pissed about the whole thing and still may complain to Honda about it. After I talk to the dealer owner sometime. Not that anything will happen.

Congrats on the new ride though! Good thing on those rubber lever covers or I just can't even look at it...;)
 
Thread starter
Popgun, no .... regrettably I never did, but I mentioned to the dealer when discussing trading it in that IMO it should be done.
 
Congrats Ferret:thumbsup: I imagine you've got the same feeling as last year!Looking forward to the photos and reviews !!
 
Your to fast with your checks, that was going to be your moderator of the year prize!!!!
Oh Well, I quess we'll just go with an xtra set of lever rubbers instead. :D:D:D:D

Congrats
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Your to fast with your checks, that was going to be your moderator of the year prize!!!!
Oh Well, I quess we'll just go with an xtra set of lever rubbers instead. :D:D:D:D

Congrats

:worship: :thanks:
 
Please remember to have all your photo/video equipment charged and ready to go, ferret... we all want to share in the delivery day magic!
 
Ok, I'll be the bad guy: how much did it cost to trade? Tell me to buzz off if you want to, I won't mind. But, there WAS an entire thread on the topic!

Congrats ferret, I'll bet you can't wait to get that new bike!
 
Thread starter
Well, it depends on how you run the numbers. If you take what I paid for my CB and what I received on trade do I add the difference? Or count that as a use tax for the 7,035 miles I rode it? Same on my Majesty. I figured what I felt my bikes were worth retail and on trade. Going against the $11,899 retail on the new bike, (because you are rarely going to come out good on your trade against a discounted price.. and in the end you are only moving the numbers around anyway) I came out very close to what I figured I needed to make the deal. We were a few hundred apart, but the dealer has been good to me on past purchases. I want him to make some money so he will be there when I need him, so I didn't fight. I figured in the end it cost me my 2013 CB plus about $4100 everything included. Worth it? Only time will tell. I'm happy with the deal. In the end the dealer made a little on the retail price of the new CB vs what he allowed on my trades and will make a little both of the trades. Everyone's happy.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well, it depends on how you run the numbers. If you take what I paid for my CB and what I received on trade do I add the difference? Or count that as a use tax for the 7,035 miles I rode it? Same on my Majesty. I figured what I felt my bikes were worth retail and on trade. Going against the $11,899 retail on the new bike, (because you are rarely going to come out good on your trade against a discounted price.. and in the end you are only moving the numbers around anyway) I came out very close to what I figured I needed to make the deal. We were a few hundred apart, but the dealer has been good to me on past purchases. I want him to make some money so he will be there when I need him, so I didn't fight. I figured in the end it cost me my 2013 CB plus about $4100 everything included. Worth it? Only time will tell. I'm happy with the deal. In the end the dealer made a little on the retail price of the new CB vs what he allowed on my trades and will make a little both of the trades. Everyone's happy.
Assuming you '13 value is $7K, the total cost is 4100 + 3000 (depreciation) = $7100?

that is more than 2/3 the price of the bike itself
 
Thread starter
davidsargee_imp said:
Not being nosy, you traded two bikes? And did not have to finance?

Congrats!
That is correct.
 
Thread starter
cbdtran_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Well, it depends on how you run the numbers. If you take what I paid for my CB and what I received on trade do I add the difference? Or count that as a use tax for the 7,035 miles I rode it? Same on my Majesty. I figured what I felt my bikes were worth retail and on trade. Going against the $11,899 retail on the new bike, (because you are rarely going to come out good on your trade against a discounted price.. and in the end you are only moving the numbers around anyway) I came out very close to what I figured I needed to make the deal. We were a few hundred apart, but the dealer has been good to me on past purchases. I want him to make some money so he will be there when I need him, so I didn't fight. I figured in the end it cost me my 2013 CB plus about $4100 everything included. Worth it? Only time will tell. I'm happy with the deal. In the end the dealer made a little on the retail price of the new CB vs what he allowed on my trades and will make a little both of the trades. Everyone's happy.
Assuming you '13 value is $7K, the total cost is 4100 + 3000 (depreciation) = $7100?

that is more than 2/3 the price of the bike itself
Assuming you '13 value is $7K, the total cost is 4100 + 3000 (depreciation) = $7100?

that is more than 2/3 the price of the bike itself

If you want to figure it like that..I don't. I figure I got $3000 worth of use out of my '13. Riding 7035 miles has to be worth something.

I will be renting a bike this summer when my wife and I fly to Nevada. It's $1500 for a week. If you compare it to that, having the CB for 9 months for only $3000 is a bargain.
 
Back
Top