OH NO, SAY IT AIN'T SO. Moving on to another chapter.

uscgmac_imp

Been there
Thread starter
It's with a heavy heart and some sad feelings that I wanted to announce that I have moved on from the beloved CB1100. Two days ago I decided to trade in my CB1100 for a new bike. I have always been the type to not stay attached to things for too long except for my wife, lol. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my CB1100, I just grew out of the style and performance of the bike. I have always liked new stuff and new technology. I can't help myself sometimes, I see new bikes come out and I want to ride everything. Maybe I should stay off the Internet, lol. I have really enjoyed all the people on this forum. The guys are awesome, the moderators are great and helpful. This is such a great group that is miles above the rest. There has seemed to be a mass exodus of current CB owners but this just means that there will be new blood with new owners of previous owned bikes plus the 2017 is coming out soon. That should get the forum kicking with all sorts of new threads I'm sure. I know past owners have left with exit interviews picking the bike apart. That is not my style. With any bike you give some and take some, nothing is perfect for anyone. This bike suited me well for over two years and I find no fault for what it is other than I personally wanted something different for this point in my life. I will spend years telling people about when I used to own one of them and I will talk the ears off any CB1100 owner I run into in the future. I really will miss this group even though I will check in on occasion to see what's up. Once again thank you all so much and a big shout out to the Ferret and Guth. For those of you wondering what I moved onto, here it is. A 2016 Yamaha XSR900.
As they say in the United States Coast Guard, Fair well and following seas. Keep the shiny side up and ride safe.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
That's going to be fun! 110 horsepower on a motorcycle that weighs 120 pounds less than the CB. I see they have added traction control, ABS, and better suspension than the FZ-09.

I rode a FZ-09 for a day while my CB500XA was in for service. Really strong motorcycle. Despite having a quarter century of riding experience, I was only able to use half of the engine's rev range and gears in the twisties. I used sixth gear once coming onto to 4-lane highway, and was 25 KPH over the 100 KPH speed limit in seconds. I like the bike, but could only use half the power. Mind you I am 70 years old and my knee dragging wanna-be-racer days are far behind me.

ENJOY!
 
Congratulations uscgmac. I hope you enjoy the new bike.

Don't be a stranger. Drop in and tell us about your adventures on the new bike.
 
Thread starter
Ah ha, I knew someone else here had one. I'm sure someone else is going to be real happy with my old CB1100. I said to myself I'm not going to go crazy with mods on the new beast. I did already purchase a tail tidy by Evo tech and some frame sliders and spools for protection. I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff a least untill I've totally researched everything. Too often than not I've jumped the gun on accessories just to find out something better came out. How you liking that XSR anniversary edition?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Didn't motogeezer have one as well?
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Ah ha, I knew someone else here had one. I'm sure someone else is going to be real happy with my old CB1100. I said to myself I'm not going to go crazy with mods on the new beast. I did already purchase a tail tidy by Evo tech and some frame sliders and spools for protection. I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff a least untill I've totally researched everything. Too often than not I've jumped the gun on accessories just to find out something better came out. How you liking that XSR anniversary edition?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Enjoy the new ride! As for mods, may I recommend different turn signals? I saw the very same bike in the flesh and that is the one mod I would do almost immediately. The large orange signals don't seem to blend. (BTW that brushed aluminum is beautiful.)

But, as you say, check the forums and take your time. The LED signals on the new FZ-10 might fit the bill.

Happy trails, USCGMAC!
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Ah ha, I knew someone else here had one. I'm sure someone else is going to be real happy with my old CB1100. I said to myself I'm not going to go crazy with mods on the new beast. I did already purchase a tail tidy by Evo tech and some frame sliders and spools for protection. I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff a least untill I've totally researched everything. Too often than not I've jumped the gun on accessories just to find out something better came out. How you liking that XSR anniversary edition?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Very happy with it. nothing to complain about except it's a bit tall for me. Lowering links are available, and a shorter kickstand to accommodate.

I've been visiting a German parts supplier's website regularly for Yamaha accessories made for the XSR, but not available in the US or Canada for some stupid reason. Added the sport screen and some carbon fiber bits, have the seat cowl and a bunch of other pieces I'll be installing shortly.

Enjoy your new ride!
 
Nice, congrats..my favorite iteration of that Yamaha triple. Hey the CB is a great motorcycle, but it's not the only motorcycle lol

I would either paint or powder coat the piece below the seat with the 3 holes in it, the sides of the radiator, the passenger footpegs and that silver piece on the front bottom of the forks satin black if it were mine. But that is personal preference.

Like the windshield on Rogers.

Glad you were able to enjoy the forum, thanks for the kind words. I hope the 900 forum treats you well. You might run into MotoGeezer or Spaceman over there...other forum members who have bought Yamaha triples.
 
Congrats 36! You will love it!

And to you to USMC! Keep us posted about it if you would.
 
Thread starter
So far I've only ridin it from the dealer to home which is about 6 mi. The bike has 8 mi on it. We are getting a Huge snow storm on Tuesday and the temp the last few days have been in the teens to twenties so no riding for a bit. The one thing I learned about the XSR is that the tank is not a full brushed aluminum tank, they are only cosmetic plates which go over a black steel tank kind of like a ducati which uses plates over a plastic tank. The bright side about that is if you damage or scratch one up you can just replace the one side without having to buy a whole new tank. I promised myself that I would leave this bike as bone stock as possible, let's see how that works out, lol. I did order a tail tidy which is kind of standard these days and frame sliders for protection but I really don't consider those to be mods. The styling is going to remain stock, I'm not changing anything. I've spent way too much money in the past and never seem to get but a small fraction back. I accept how it looks now except for the plate Holder. The only two things I may consider are a windscreen for longer and colder rides and a tank bag. The only tank bag which goes with this bike is made by hepco and becker which the offset tank ring and it's very pricy. By the way the dealer gave me 6k for my trade in, the Yamaha was retail at 9490.00 and no fees at all. The XSR is discounted on line at other dealerships but then they will charge fees and lower your trade in. I've known the dealer for years and he told me bottom line no matter how they work the numbers it was going to be my bike plus 3500.00. Then tax and tags.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Nice machine. Ride and enjoy. A sportier ride to be sure. More power. Mono shock. Light. Stonking motor. I liked sitting on it at Daytona last year.
 
Thats' a lovely bike USCGMAC, A great choice.
I totally hear you about wanting to ride everything!
I love my CB but I'm always having brief flings with other bikes....
I reckon you could be back on a CB sometime. It's not unheard of to rekindle an old flame.
 
Back
Top