Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Would have been great to keep both but already have another bike in the garage and the wife would have a meltdown with three in the stable.Rebel73_imp said:The XSR900, in racing yellow, is on my radar as well. However, I have no intention of discarding my beloved CB which I've put so much time and work into. Nothing wrong with more than one horse in the stable.
I would cafe or street-fighter that Yammy. It's just begging for it. Start by ripping off the hideous rear fender.
Hey Bigsheep, I also considered the XSR900 after sitting on the FZ-09 (the dealer didn't have the XSR in stock). I've ridden for five years in July but only about 3,500 miles during that time. That was on a 450 twin and a 230 single. I'm 58 and don't trust my skill level to that power. I'm still impressed I'm riding a new to me near 600 pound bike! I'm going to peek in on USCGMAC to learn from him how the CB to XSR transition worked for him. I love my CB1100 but like to read about other rider experiences.bigsheep_imp said:Congrats USCGMAC! I looked at the FZ-09 before drifting to the CB. Same engine and very similar to the XSR from what I understand. I found the bike at little too squirrely for my present experience and ability. (I will have had my license for a year on May 10.) The engine and the power was beautiful, but it was just a bit too much bike for me. I am finding the CB almost as good, but it keeps it's front wheel down and just feels smoother and more manageable. I'm sure with the extra power and lighter weight You'd leave our CB's behind on the twisties...Enjoy!
Funny how our riding habits change as we mature. During the "Decade of Decadence" in my twenties, it was always about riding as hard as I could to impress my buddies or the latest girlfriend. While I still enjoy sweeping through the twisties, it certainly isn't at the same reckless speeds of my youth.bigsheep_imp said:I've only had the CB for a week, ridden three times in barely above freezing for a total of 200km. My wife mentioned to me just today that this bike better last longer than the last one! Lol. Luckily for me, the CB seems to be just about a perfect fit for my size and riding style. Who knows where I'll be in a year or two, but as a beginner and 42 years old, I don't think I'll get to knee dragging super sports in the corners in this lifetime.
Good assessment. Just what I was looking for... prior bikes, comparison to those powerful prior bikes and your take on how to drive it and who ought to own it. Thanks!uscgmac_imp said:Not really a transition for me going from the CB to the XSR due to the fact that I have previously owned several fast and powerful bikes. One of the more recent ones was a 2013 Z1000 which was extremely powerful and an XR1200 which was a torque monster. The XSR is more than manageable, especially with the ride modes and traction control. If you leave it in TC2 it will not allow you to wheelie. B mode is fun but tame compared to A and standard mode. I'm currently using standard mode with TC2 engaged and it's a pleasure to ride, just remember that it does have a responsive throttle and don't let it surprise you by twisting hard in first and your good to go. I would not recommend it to a newer rider but an intermediate rider would be fine.
Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Well, you sound like a seasoned rider. I have just under five years on the road (58 years old now) and about 3,500 miles during that time frame. I started on a 450 twin to a 230, I expect a summer long learning curve on my CB11. That new V-Rod or Street Rod 750 (?) Is sharp looking to me.uscgmac_imp said:I've always found Harleys to be exceptionally eye pleasing. I absolutely love the way they look and sound and I do own an Ultra Classic which I love but they just don't offer the performance of other bikes in their sportster line up so that's why I like having a naked fast import in the stable. The fit and finish on Harleys is real nice, if they were able to have a package like the new sportster roadster with the performance of the XSR900 I would be all over it but the price would also be hefty.
Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk