Oh my...Triumph Thruxtons

alphonsus_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
The following electronic gadgets are impressive though:
- digtal display
- usb connection
- traction control
- electronic slipper (something like that)
- ride by wire
- as a consequense of the previous -> riding modes
- stock heated grips

Could be I even forgot a few things...

They also have a 6th gear BTW.

Not all those things are available on the base model, their Street Twin, but most things are, so I assume all are stock on the Thruxton R.

But still, for me the CB is more than enough bike and those gadgets are not necessities for my kind of riding (or for that kind of bike, imo)
Actually, Riko, of all the things you listed, the only one that comes for the Street Twin is the USB socket! :D All other gizmos are reserved for the premium models (where they are mostly stock)
The Street Twin comes with ride-by-wire, slip-assist clutch, underseat USB connection and traction control as standard. Heated grips aren't stock but they are available from the accessory catalog. Once installed, the heat setting is indicated on the speedo.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
alphonsus_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
The following electronic gadgets are impressive though:
- digtal display
- usb connection
- traction control
- electronic slipper (something like that)
- ride by wire
- as a consequense of the previous -> riding modes
- stock heated grips

Could be I even forgot a few things...

They also have a 6th gear BTW.

Not all those things are available on the base model, their Street Twin, but most things are, so I assume all are stock on the Thruxton R.

But still, for me the CB is more than enough bike and those gadgets are not necessities for my kind of riding (or for that kind of bike, imo)
Actually, Riko, of all the things you listed, the only one that comes for the Street Twin is the USB socket! :D All other gizmos are reserved for the premium models (where they are mostly stock)
The Street Twin comes with ride-by-wire, slip-assist clutch, underseat USB connection and traction control as standard. Heated grips aren't stock but they are available from the accessory catalog. Once installed, the heat setting is indicated on the speedo.
The Street Twin comes with ride-by-wire, slip-assist clutch, underseat USB connection and traction control as standard. Heated grips aren't stock but they are available from the accessory catalog. Once installed, the heat setting is indicated on the speedo.
basically, like I said already :D
 
As I'm learning with my Suzuki...mistreated by an alleged dealer in a recall...there is much to be said for Honda quality.

If the Honda team had JUST put a balance-shaft on the CB...I'd probably still own mine.

The Triumph is becoming a modern star. The Speed Triple and Tiger are becoming BMW alternatives...which is fine; but I can never trust a Triumph. For what they were in the past.

I'm developing a mistrust of Suzuki, too. Honda quality...IS quality. Design parameter missteps, notwithstanding.
 
Just got this, getting excited! Triumph is just nailing it with the marketing and customer experience with these new bikes. I hope the R lives up to the buildup.
17e0166ed6a7752e06b7ee667ab06204.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Capo' pid='128109' dateline='1458714491 said:
Just got this, getting excited! .../quote]

That is brilliant! :thumbsup: Little things like that make all the difference in the customer experience. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get the bike. It's a beauty.
 
Thread starter
That is really cool Capo, great customer service on Triumphs part.
 
I ordered a Mini Cooper back in 2004 and their customer service was great. I got an email when it was being built with a pic of the assembly line, another with questions about my programming preferences and one giving the date of arrival to the U.S. I was impressed with their extra effort. Maybe Triumph is using the same marketing agency.
 
Picked up my new 2016 Bonneville yesterday. I got the T120 Black model and it looks great! Traded my 2002 Bonnie.

Only had time for the ride home yesterday. Plan to put some miles on it tomorrow

Kept the CB 1100 by the way!

Larre
 
Thread starter
Cool I rode down to my dealer today. No Bonnies, no Thruxtons, no Street Twins.

Can't wait to hear a comparison of the two you have. Couple forum members have Truxtons on order.
 
Oldman59_imp said:
Picked up my new 2016 Bonneville yesterday. I got the T120 Black model and it looks great! Traded my 2002 Bonnie.

Only had time for the ride home yesterday. Plan to put some miles on it tomorrow

Kept the CB 1100 by the way!

Larre
Pics, or it didn't happen! :D

Congrats on the new bike. The one thing I noticed about the black model is that the radiator virtually disappears when viewed from most angles. I really like that version more than the others.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Oldman59_imp said:
Picked up my new 2016 Bonneville yesterday. I got the T120 Black model and it looks great! Traded my 2002 Bonnie.

Only had time for the ride home yesterday. Plan to put some miles on it tomorrow

Kept the CB 1100 by the way!

Larre
Pics, or it didn't happen! :D

Congrats on the new bike. The one thing I noticed about the black model is that the radiator virtually disappears when viewed from most angles. I really like that version more than the others.
Pics, or it didn't happen! :D

Congrats on the new bike. The one thing I noticed about the black model is that the radiator virtually disappears when viewed from most angles. I really like that version more than the others.

Posting pics is beyond my skill set right now!!!

A quick 100 mile yesterday revealed the Bonnie is much like my old 2002 with more of everything. Power, brakes, features, 6 speed box etc. Bonnie feels more "flick able" than the CB. Ride is harsher than the CB. Engine feels like it has more grunt than the CB but is not as free revving.

The only irritation so far is that the switches are different. I am honking horn when I reach for the turn indicators!

Larre
 
Big comparison test in Motorcycle News today, Thruxton v RnineT v XJR1300. The Thruxton wins easily with the BMW coming second.
 
Capo_imp said:
Just got this, getting excited! Triumph is just nailing it with the marketing and customer experience with these new bikes. I hope the R lives up to the buildup.
17e0166ed6a7752e06b7ee667ab06204.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't help but get excited with updates like that!!
 
She's in, I'm picking her up on Saturday, and my dealer has been teasing me with a series of pix:
cecdc6ab605e4b6f2e62e1e7464f974a.jpg
4adec7c0d5fa14b1534e27153b0cb621.jpg

1f1dff94d297b8b1e75001fdfc18e7e5.jpg
b9b510f85b2ce2b071c458e22b48477c.jpg
ddb14c497e5bcd17471ee813555da842.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top