Note of appreciation...

EGAlvarez_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
Excellent choice, You will not regret it !

What are you jumping from ?
I keep preaching these same words to everyone who admires my bike! Honda made such a huge mistake not having an official launch date in the U.S. with fanfare, free demo rides, TV commercials and giving out thousands of big glossy brochures of the bike to entice buyers at the dealerships.

I purchased my bike purely based on its looks. However, I can honestly say that I like and appreciate my bike more each time I take her out for a ride!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
I keep preaching these same words to everyone who admires my bike! Honda made such a huge mistake not having an official launch date in the U.S. with fanfare, free demo rides, TV commercials and giving out thousands of big glossy brochures of the bike to entice buyers at the dealerships.

I purchased my bike purely based on its looks. However, I can honestly say that I like and appreciate my bike more each time I take her out for a ride!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
I'm kinda glad that it's a relative rarity. I only wish I had gotten a DLX before they became extinct!
 
It worked!

I'm going to suggest that a great break-in ride would be from Texas to Virginia...June 1, perhaps?

Enjoy!
 
Yessir! Looks like a good group is heading down (or up in your case) there.

When do you get the new bike home?
 
quietguy_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
It worked!

I'm going to suggest that a great break-in ride would be from Texas to Virginia...June 1, perhaps?

Enjoy!
That would be a super ride - are you going?
That would be a super ride - are you going?
Go for it ! I'm traveling over 1000 miles to get there (999.99 by trailer:)
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Yessir! Looks like a good group is heading down (or up in your case) there.

When do you get the new bike home?
I go this Saturday to sign the paperwork. I hope to arrange delivery sometime next week.

I will have the vacation time by June... but will have to see what my finances look like. I would really enjoy meeting you bro, and the other members as well.

Sorry... a little off topic, but what are "RLETS"?


.
 
Ahhhh, RLETS. We have a 51 or so page thread on them.

One must learn the power of the RLETS on their own young Padawan learner. You will achieve enlightenment and be one of us soon. :)

Except Redbirds. He hates RLETS and can never know the secret handshake...
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ahhhh, RLETS. We have a 51 or so page thread on them.

One must learn the power of the RLETS on their own young Padawan learner. You will achieve enlightenment and be one of us soon. :)

Except Redbirds. He hates RLETS and can never know the secret handshake...
Hahaha! :rofl:

Yes, Master Po :worship:
 
Man that was quick. I'm guessing you didn't read all 51 pages... :)

There are part numbers in the thread, and the dealer will not know them as RLETS. That's a name that the board came up with.

They cost ~$3 each and you need to order 2. There is one per bag.
 
Thread starter
Thanks popgun... appreciate both the info and the humor. It was a long day today for me.

Adding to that, I checked the impact the new bike will make to my Geico insurance policy - a bit more $$, Ugh.

I definitely need to find a rich woman to keep me...
 
LOL, find me one! :)
 
Congratulations Quietguy! :clap:

That black CB1100 is "shore purty". I'm sure you will love it. Be sure to post up lots of photos.

You will find alot of great information on this site from many, many helpful and friendly people.

I got mine about this time last year and I still consider it one of the best Christmas Presents I ever got. :celebrate:
 
Jeephoto_imp said:
Congratulations Quietguy! :clap:

That black CB1100 is "shore purty". I'm sure you will love it. Be sure to post up lots of photos.

You will find alot of great information on this site from many, many helpful and friendly people.

I got mine about this time last year and I still consider it one of the best Christmas Presents I ever got. :celebrate:


"ONE OF?" Dang Jeephoto you must get some dandy Christmas presents. :worship:
 
Thread starter
Sadly, I won't be purchasing (this) CB1100...

The tech rolled it around back to do a "pre-flight"... His final check was a test ride (about 3 miles). He got about 4 blocks from the dealer when the transmission failed. Apparently it froze up. He didn't go down but experienced an abrupt 'stop'.

So I'm told, they will have to replace both engine and tranny to make it right, but the components will take 2 to 3 months to get.

I'll continue to ride and enjoy my CTX700... and maybe eventually Honda will resume import of the CB1100 at which time I may try again.

I'd like to again thank the membership for their kindnesses, information, encouragement and help. I've enjoyed my brief visit to your forum.

Ride safe all...


... qg
 
WOW! First failure like that I've heard of. Good thing was--you didn't own the bike yet!

My dealers check ride was about 1 mile. The rest were on me :)

Good hunting. You'll find one.
 
Back
Top