NOT Surviving the streets...

Not my idea of fun... I never ride without at least a full helmet, boots, heavy jeans/armoured jeans, leather gloves and either a mesh armoured jacket or a heavy leather jacket designed for motorcycling. He was being chased by police correct?
 
A good reminder to ride smart - and safe. Should've parked that bike miles before (read the video comments by the original poster) and fixed the problem. Then "geared up".

I've survived a horrific wreck myself and have learned - don't be stupid. Ride smart, ride safe, gear up. Anything else is just plain stupid.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
Not my idea of fun... I never ride without at least a full helmet, boots, heavy jeans/armoured jeans, leather gloves and either a mesh armoured jacket or a heavy leather jacket designed for motorcycling. He was being chased by police correct?
Apparently not. The kids in the car from which the video was taken were watching Peppa Pig!
 
I can't see it and am just as happy that I can't. I don't enjoy seeing crashes.
For the same reason I don't watch Mayday on TV since I also love to fly.
 
Yea that was a pretty slow high speed wobble and all of a sudden the bike swapped ends. He didn't appear to be going all that fast. Never seen anything like that.
 
The guy taking the video said they paced him for 5-10 miles and the guy almost lost control 5 or six times but only at higher speeds. It was a weird 360 though.

Click on the title of the video and it will take you to youtube where you can read the comments made by the guy who took the video.

Alternatively:
 
Was already posted under title not surviving the streets or something like that
 
I was going to merge them earlier, but got interrupted.

Done now.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Surely that was some kind of mechanical failure? Flat tire, loose wheel axle?
I've had a few bikes that developed wobbles like that. It was always something like a bad tire, damaged wheel, steering head bearings, etc... If everything on the front end is not tight and balanced, it's almost inevitable that you'll get some kind of wobble at speed. Continuing to ride at freeway speeds with the bars shaking like that is just asking for trouble.
 
Back
Top