Not fast enough for you?

Actually hit did shift into 5th......at 105 mph.

And splitting is a good thing, when it's legal to do so and the people will be expecting it. Doing it anywhere in this country outside of California is just asking for something to happen.
 
xNE0x_imp said:
Yeah.. the fear of some jackarse opening his car door is enough for me NOT to do it :)
Like this?
Keep in mind GoPro's make it look like you are going 100 when you are moving about 15 sooo....


 
I can tell you this....he is never going to see 60 mpg riding like that

:rofl:
 
Lane splitting is not allowed here either, but I often see young bucks on sport bikes ripping through traffic at high speeds.
All it takes is for a driver to open a door or change lanes without looking or signalling and..........
 
I like the speed shift at :50, but why the clutch in and coast from 70 mph to a 40 mph at :19?

This might be a car thing, but I was always told to keep the clutch out as much as possible because in a car, the clutch is spinning on a "throw out" bearing that wears out. Is the motorcycle clutch doing something similar?

But even if it's not, I don't like the feeling of not being in the middle of the power curve for instant acceleration if needed, so I gear down as I slow down.

Lane splitting is scary to me, for cars too....I know being in a car and being passed I think....wow, maybe I was thinking about moving within the lane a little which would be disastrous for both. The only way I could hold it that steady to anticipate lane splitting would be if I was a "Blue Angel" ;-)
 
It's the same on a bike. Though unlike a car, the bearing is usually between the pushrod and the piston in the slave cylinder, so it's actually pretty easy to change. Still, the throw-out bearing is definetely easier to wear out than your main and countershaft bearings; which are huge by comparison and constantly bathed in oil.
 
I've pegged the speedo on numerous occasion. No need to go higher than 4th gear really. Kind of drag limited at that point. I tried going into 5th but the bike slowed. My phone app showed 132 mph. I went about 5 miles wide open. Had a good safe place and friends along in case anything went awry :)
 
I can see it: the geezer hunched over the tank, tendrils of hair whipping around at the back of his open-face helmet, googles barely covering the wide-open eyes, teeth clenched almost in a rictus of terror and the CB howling along some deserted stretch of Florida road.

I wish we had video of that, Motogeezer. :P
 
This topic makes me laugh a little, and it comes up a lot with other riders (Yeah, but is it fast?). For the money there is a huge variety of really fast bikes. We didn't buy one of those, we bought a big beautiful (and elegant) Honda road eater. When CB1100 owners complain that it's too slow it makes me sad for them. It's no slouch, she goes when you ask her too, but if people wanted "fast bike" they should have bought one..

-Peter
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I've pegged the speedo on numerous occasion. No need to go higher than 4th gear really. Kind of drag limited at that point. I tried going into 5th but the bike slowed. My phone app showed 132 mph. I went about 5 miles wide open. Had a good safe place and friends along in case anything went awry :)
I thought the bike was speed limited to about 110?
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I've pegged the speedo on numerous occasion. No need to go higher than 4th gear really. Kind of drag limited at that point. I tried going into 5th but the bike slowed. My phone app showed 132 mph. I went about 5 miles wide open. Had a good safe place and friends along in case anything went awry :)
I thought the bike was speed limited to about 110?
It's speed limited to 112 mph (180 kph), unless you've had your ECU unleashed by Don Guhl. Then it's limited by horsepower and bravery.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I've pegged the speedo on numerous occasion. No need to go higher than 4th gear really. Kind of drag limited at that point. I tried going into 5th but the bike slowed. My phone app showed 132 mph. I went about 5 miles wide open. Had a good safe place and friends along in case anything went awry :)
DaSwami_imp said:
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I've pegged the speedo on numerous occasion. No need to go higher than 4th gear really. Kind of drag limited at that point. I tried going into 5th but the bike slowed. My phone app showed 132 mph. I went about 5 miles wide open. Had a good safe place and friends along in case anything went awry :)
I thought the bike was speed limited to about 110?
Flynrider_imp said:
DaSwami_imp said:
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I've pegged the speedo on numerous occasion. No need to go higher than 4th gear really. Kind of drag limited at that point. I tried going into 5th but the bike slowed. My phone app showed 132 mph. I went about 5 miles wide open. Had a good safe place and friends along in case anything went awry :)
I thought the bike was speed limited to about 110?
It's speed limited to 112 mph (180 kph), unless you've had your ECU unleashed by Don Guhl. Then it's limited by horsepower and bravery.
And Motogeezer1949, clearly a brave man, had his ECU unleashed by Master Guhl. :thumbsup:
 
The CB1100 is plenty fast for a reasonably sane person. It is just not terribly quick. I always get a kick out of the posts here where someone says that they feel the grips are about to be pulled out of their hand. The CB is a teddy bear in that respect.
 
The not being that quick is part of this bike's charm -- the whole riding a slow bike fast vs a fast bike slow thing... I find it alot more entertaining to wind the guts out of this thing, throw it around and hear it sing than just putting wheelie control on level 4 and keeping the throttle pinned till reaching impound speed in second gear. I seem to get the slow comment from a lot of younger sport bike riders, but it seems that most guys who are really into bikes (not saying the two groups are mutually exclusive) seem to appreciate it for what it is.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
The CB1100 is plenty fast for a reasonably sane person. It is just not terribly quick. I always get a kick out of the posts here where someone says that they feel the grips are about to be pulled out of their hand. The CB is a teddy bear in that respect.
Lol, gives me a laugh too.
 
I had my ECU done by Don and it makes all the difference in the World! It is faster then I want to go. Over 100MPH in 4th gear. I have had her up to 125 and then back down out of a moment of sanity! About lane splitting . . . I lane split all the time but it is only when there is a traffic jam on I-95 or the parkway, and then I rarely exceed 25 mph when doing so. I am a very careful lane splitter. Had a couple of wise a**es but they are minus a mirror now!
 
Back
Top