Not fast enough for you?

kmoney_imp said:
The not being that quick is part of this bike's charm -- the whole riding a slow bike fast vs a fast bike slow thing... I find it alot more entertaining to wind the guts out of this thing, throw it around and hear it sing than just putting wheelie control on level 4 and keeping the throttle pinned till reaching impound speed in second gear. I seem to get the slow comment from a lot of younger sport bike riders, but it seems that most guys who are really into bikes (not saying the two groups are mutually exclusive) seem to appreciate it for what it is.
Yeh, sort of how I feel about it. It's not, by far, the most exciting bike I've ridden but I haven't liked one more.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
kmoney_imp said:
The not being that quick is part of this bike's charm -- the whole riding a slow bike fast vs a fast bike slow thing... I find it alot more entertaining to wind the guts out of this thing, throw it around and hear it sing than just putting wheelie control on level 4 and keeping the throttle pinned till reaching impound speed in second gear. I seem to get the slow comment from a lot of younger sport bike riders, but it seems that most guys who are really into bikes (not saying the two groups are mutually exclusive) seem to appreciate it for what it is.
Yeh, sort of how I feel about it. It's not, by far, the most exciting bike I've ridden but I haven't liked one more.

Cheers
Yeh, sort of how I feel about it. It's not, by far, the most exciting bike I've ridden but I haven't liked one more.

Cheers
Well said fellows. In nearly 50 years of riding the CB1100 is the best bike I've ever had. Strange that my favorite before the CB came along was a BMW R75/5, a bike with a very similar character.
 
The only bike the CB1100 compares to is the old Suzuki GSX1100G. Shaft drive, fast as heck (154 mph top speed), and QUICK. I had one that scared me when I went 90+ in third gear, passing a slow cager in a bit of irritation. Amazing bike only imported for about 3 years. I sold it to buy slower bikes haha

The CB1100 reminds me of a settled down GSX....and at my age that is fine with me.

About the "Guhl" reflash, I guess you just send in the ECU to him? What does he charge, and does mpg suffer? Or does he just remove the top speed limiter?
 
DaSwami_imp said:
The only bike the CB1100 compares to is the old Suzuki GSX1100G. Shaft drive, fast as heck (154 mph top speed), and QUICK. I had one that scared me when I went 90+ in third gear, passing a slow cager in a bit of irritation. Amazing bike only imported for about 3 years. I sold it to buy slower bikes haha

The CB1100 reminds me of a settled down GSX....and at my age that is fine with me.

About the "Guhl" reflash, I guess you just send in the ECU to him? What does he charge, and does mpg suffer? Or does he just remove the top speed limiter?
Correct - you contact Do to let him know what you are trying to achieve, then simply unplug your ECU and mail it to him. The turnaround time is amazingly fast.
Let me answer your next question . . . You have to decide if you want to raise the rev limiter 500rpm or 1000 rpm. Most of us choose 500 so as not to spin a bearing. Next you have to decide what map best matches your configuration. Do you have full race exhaust, just a pipe, K&N air filter, all stock? These are the questions he will ask. I have a full race exhaust so I had mine mapped to the Yosh full race map that he already has and it worked out perfectly.
Facebook

Home - Guhl Motors
 
DeSwami,

A recent post says its $375. But you have to call Don to get the current price, etc. like Hedge said.
 
Hedge,

That was supposed to say A recent post. It may have been YOUR post! :) I don't remember, but I'm giving you the credit!! :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hedge,

That was supposed to say A recent post. It may have been YOUR post! :) I don't remember, but I'm giving you the credit!! :)
Well thanks then! You see . . . Everyone is a Winner on Friday!
 
The CB looks PLENTY fast to me... while it may not get to triple digits "in miliseconds", it does get there way quickly. And I was impressed with how smooth, stable and sweet sounding it is...
 
Back
Top