Not enough Ibuprofen in the world right now

Bummer man, sudden onset or has it been coming on?
 
Oh man same here! I know for myself, I need to take more breaks, but I might have to bust out the crampbuster tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Avoided carpal tunnel so far, but infrequent bouts of gout and arthritic flare-ups occasionally render me "inutile". I'm 65 yrs old, and I have never heard that word before. Ever. Unless I forget that I have. Which is quite possible...;-) So thanks for the new word!

Hope this passes quickly for you!
 
Have you tried the hand braces? I've had problems with carpel tunnel in the past due to work, I use a knife 8 hours a day, the Doc suggested the braces and they worked for me. A little clumsy feeling at first but after a week my hands were pretty much back to normal.
I'm also a user of cramp busters, still have trouble with my right hand going numb for some reason.
Best of luck.
crutch
 
I don't like gripping the throttle on a bike for hours on end. I use a Throttle Rocker on both my bikes.

I've noticed right-hand numbness on occasion. I figured out it was in cold weather when too much insulating material was crammed under my armpit, cutting off blood flow at the artery under there.
 
I had a set of those pussy grips on mine but I have changed them for some thin ones. Surprisingly they actually feel better on my hands...less numbness from the vibes.
 
Hope it passes quickly, Nemo.

Or get an automatic one. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Hope it passes quickly, Nemo.

Or get an automatic one. :P
Yeah, a bike with DCT is always an option. I use grip puppies on both of my machines and they do seem to help a bit. The ST has a heavier clutch so I notice stiffness in my left hand after a long ride.

I hope the pain goes away soon Nemo.
 
Nemo, I too hope that you're feeling better soon.

I don't like it when pain comes a knocking. This past year I've experienced arthritis in my fingers (which impacts my guitar playing more than my riding) and gout in my feet, neither of which have been welcomed by me. The pain from the gout would often wake me up at night but diet changes have helped. Given the nature of my work, I feel fortunate that I have not experienced any carpal tunnel symptoms (not yet anyway).
 
Another cause of hand cramping is tight leather gloves.
I bought a pair of snug fitting leather gauntlets.
The had a seam at the bottom of the thumb.
When I grasped the grips, the seam tightened slowing the flow of blood.
That results were cramping and cold hands.
I now wear larger deerskin gloves with no problems.

I also found in cold weather that insulated leather gloves are colder that insulated suede deerskin gloves. I don't know the science behind it, but the suede deerskin are warmer when either riding or walking.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Another cause of hand cramping is tight leather gloves.
I bought a pair of snug fitting leather gauntlets.
The had a seam at the bottom of the thumb.
When I grasped the grips, the seam tightened slowing the flow of blood.
That results were cramping and cold hands.
I now wear larger deerskin gloves with no problems.

I also found in cold weather that insulated leather gloves are colder that insulated suede deerskin gloves. I don't know the science behind it, but the suede deerskin are warmer when either riding or walking.
+1. I switched to a pair of elkskin gauntlets with merino wool insulation from Aerostitch. The elkskin leather is really soft and flexible vs my leather insulated gauntlets from Revit.
 
Guth I can't decide which was worse...gout or kidney stone. I do believe kidney stone, but gout was no fun either.

Knock on wood, all the keyboard typing and riding I do and so far have eluded the CTS.
 
Back
Top