No more GENMAR risers so now what options?

Skypilot_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So yes according to several hits on the web and some feedback here it appears the GENMAR is out of business AND has my $$. Problem is that I am still looking for risers and I’m not finding many options. What I’ve seen so far are...

1 The Rox pivoting risers which fit but may or may not cause cable/wiring issues

2 I cannot find any from SW Motech despite the fact that I see that brand a lot around this forum

3 These Zetas that are universal but don’t really give much in the way of info
Zeta 7/8" Offset Handlebar Risers - RevZilla

Looking for any other options or input here!
 
Skypilot_imp said:
Looks just like the Rox thanks for the link. Do you run those risers on your bike?
I was thinking about these for my Mule, but I probably don't need them. However if I change my mind, I can likely receive them in two weeks.

I heard the cry for assistance and found these so-called CB versions. I don't use risers on my CB1100.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Hey Skypilot, what weird gap?

Can you ID the gap from the photos from this thread?

Sorry not yours on your bike but the ones in the link you sent. See the second photo

[url=https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap]https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap


02DA26F7-FE47-4E82-8E5C-250CB415DD65.png - Click to see more photos
WRXer_imp said:
I installed a set of up and back zetas. Added +2 brake lines.
Did you NEED to add the 2+ brake line or was it piece of mind
 
Skypilot_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Hey Skypilot, what weird gap?

Can you ID the gap from the photos from this thread?

Sorry not yours on your bike but the ones in the link you sent. See the second photo

[url=https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap]https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap


02DA26F7-FE47-4E82-8E5C-250CB415DD65.png - Click to see more photos
WRXer_imp said:
I installed a set of up and back zetas. Added +2 brake lines.
Did you NEED to add the 2+ brake line or was it piece of mind
OK, I see that gap in the photo, but that's a different set than what I purchased, which leave no gap. I'll check on part number for what I bought.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Skypilot_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Hey Skypilot, what weird gap?

Can you ID the gap from the photos from this thread?

Sorry not yours on your bike but the ones in the link you sent. See the second photo

[url=https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap]https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap


02DA26F7-FE47-4E82-8E5C-250CB415DD65.png - Click to see more photos
WRXer_imp said:
I installed a set of up and back zetas. Added +2 brake lines.
Did you NEED to add the 2+ brake line or was it piece of mind
OK, I see that gap in the photo, but that's a different set than what I purchased, which leave no gap. I'll check on part number for what I bought.
OK, I see that gap in the photo, but that's a different set than what I purchased, which leave no gap. I'll check on part number for what I bought.
Thanks sounds good I got your PM.
pdedse_imp said:
Skypilot_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Hey Skypilot, what weird gap?

Can you ID the gap from the photos from this thread?

Sorry not yours on your bike but the ones in the link you sent. See the second photo

[url=https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap]https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap


02DA26F7-FE47-4E82-8E5C-250CB415DD65.png - Click to see more photos
WRXer_imp said:
I installed a set of up and back zetas. Added +2 brake lines.
Did you NEED to add the 2+ brake line or was it piece of mind
OK, I see that gap in the photo, but that's a different set than what I purchased, which leave no gap. I'll check on part number for what I bought.
OK, I see that gap in the photo, but that's a different set than what I purchased, which leave no gap. I'll check on part number for what I bought.
Thanks sounds good I got your PM.
 
Skypilot_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Hey Skypilot, what weird gap?

Can you ID the gap from the photos from this thread?

Sorry not yours on your bike but the ones in the link you sent. See the second photo

[url=https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap]https://www.imageshack.us/i/povpQq8ap


02DA26F7-FE47-4E82-8E5C-250CB415DD65.png - Click to see more photos
WRXer_imp said:
I installed a set of up and back zetas. Added +2 brake lines.
Did you NEED to add the 2+ brake line or was it piece of mind
Its a need in my book unless you want them tight as a guitar string at full lock.
 
Partsfish isn’t the only one either. There are others online. If ordering, it pays to check other sites as the prices can vary. One nice thing about partsfish is they show the list price too. The one I referenced is for a 2014 standard. Just pick the year and model you want to look at.
 
For those that have added a 2" riser (say like Rox), is there a replacement (longer) brake line you'd recommend?

I ordered the Rox 2" adjustable risers, see if it'll help take some pressure off the wrists & shoulders during longer rides.
 
Thread starter
Townie_imp said:
For those that have added a 2" riser (say like Rox), is there a replacement (longer) brake line you'd recommend?

I ordered the Rox 2" adjustable risers, see if it'll help take some pressure off the wrists & shoulders during longer rides.
All the experienced guys here feel free to Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m too new to really answer this but I’ve asked the same question and the responses are mixed. It seems that barback style risers might have a better chance of not needing +2 inch brake lines and/or cables but still possible. The Rox are taller than most barbacks so pretty good chance you will need them but again I’ve read here that some have installed the Rox without new lines/cables
 
Back
Top