Houtman_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
We had a terrible lightning strike on Monday and our land line and internet is restored now when we got our new router . Checking the Forum now to see what I missed !
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

You forgot the best part....optimized HP and torque curves and speed limiter removed.Flynrider_imp said:That's a bummer! Two days ago Honda offered everyone on the forum a free 2019 CB1100. Sadly, the offer was only good for one day.![]()


I just drunk myself into a stupor to forget time and when I woke up my wife had installed the new router ! ATT U Verse is a terrible service with many times an outage , we are going to Charter with a cable for the landline and internet service , our tv is with Dish because they have BEIN SPORT.Gone in 60_imp said:How did you live??!

I had a automatic whole house generator installed about 6 years ago , it comes on 5 seconds after the power goes of. No warm beer ever !Nortoon_imp said:When a tornados hit Ottawa last year the power went out just as we were discussing what to have for supper.
Going hungry and stumbling around with flashlights was alright. But with no Internet, TV, radio, or telephone we had no idea of what happened or when we were going to get power back. And nobody else we called with our cells phones did either. The power was down for two days.
We now have LED lanterns, a battery powered radio and a spare propane tank for the BBQ. The little pocket radio was the hardest to find. I guess people feel they are no longer needed.
After the 98 ice storm knocked out the power for days, my elderly aunt and uncle had one of those installed. They lived next to Rideau River and have two sump pumps running all the time (when they worked) because of the water table. During the ice storm the two of them constantly ran buckets of water up the stairs and out the back door in order to keep the basement from flooding. Its a wonder they didn't both die of heart attacks.Houtman_imp said:I had a automatic whole house generator installed about 6 years ago , it comes on 5 seconds after the power goes of. No warm beer ever !Nortoon_imp said:When a tornados hit Ottawa last year the power went out just as we were discussing what to have for supper.
Going hungry and stumbling around with flashlights was alright. But with no Internet, TV, radio, or telephone we had no idea of what happened or when we were going to get power back. And nobody else we called with our cells phones did either. The power was down for two days.
We now have LED lanterns, a battery powered radio and a spare propane tank for the BBQ. The little pocket radio was the hardest to find. I guess people feel they are no longer needed.
I operate a battery powered AM radio each and everyday to get my initial morning news blast before I touch anything networked. In fact, it even has a hand crank backup. Sadly, it does not give me the overnight CB1100 Forum drama.Nortoon_imp said:When a tornados hit Ottawa last year the power went out just as we were discussing what to have for supper.
Going hungry and stumbling around with flashlights was alright. But with no Internet, TV, radio, or telephone we had no idea of what happened or when we were going to get power back. And nobody else we called with our cells phones did either. The power was down for two days.
We now have LED lanterns, a battery powered radio and a spare propane tank for the BBQ. The little pocket radio was the hardest to find. I guess people feel they are no longer needed.
Both our clock radios have 9 volt batteries in them and are also plugged into wall sockets. For some strange reason the batteries are always dead when you need them. I also put a new battery in them, and neither of them worked. At least they squawk in the morning when plugged in.GoldOxide_imp said:I operate a battery powered AM radio each and everyday to get my initial morning news blast before I touch anything networked. In fact, it even has a hand crank backup. Sadly, it does not give me the overnight CB1100 Forum drama.Nortoon_imp said:When a tornados hit Ottawa last year the power went out just as we were discussing what to have for supper.
Going hungry and stumbling around with flashlights was alright. But with no Internet, TV, radio, or telephone we had no idea of what happened or when we were going to get power back. And nobody else we called with our cells phones did either. The power was down for two days.
We now have LED lanterns, a battery powered radio and a spare propane tank for the BBQ. The little pocket radio was the hardest to find. I guess people feel they are no longer needed.