No CB for 2015?

ss2wheels_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I spoke with Terry Schroader from Schroaders Honda today,he told me the CB is done in the USA.Terry also told me he has two 13 non abs's in stock brand new, one that had the tank painted orange pearl, 7959.00 for either one..check out Schroader Powersports Dealer in Hendersonville, NC you can see the orange one,they are in Hendersonville, NC..The orange one should have the side covers painted as well, but they did'nt do them..
 
Orange? Orange? Orange?

Not bad! Someone must have scratched or dropped the poor thing it's been on the floor so long
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
I spoke with Terry Schroader from Schroaders Honda today,he told me the CB is done in the USA.Terry also told me he has two 13 non abs's in stock brand new, one that had the tank painted orange pearl, 7959.00 for either one..check out Schroader Powersports Dealer in Hendersonville, NC you can see the orange one,they are in Hendersonville, NC..The orange one should have the side covers painted as well, but they did'nt do them..
Are there any other sources confirming there is no USA 2015?
 
veech_imp said:
ss2wheels_imp said:
I spoke with Terry Schroader from Schroaders Honda today,he told me the CB is done in the USA.Terry also told me he has two 13 non abs's in stock brand new, one that had the tank painted orange pearl, 7959.00 for either one..check out Schroader Powersports Dealer in Hendersonville, NC you can see the orange one,they are in Hendersonville, NC..The orange one should have the side covers painted as well, but they did'nt do them..
Are there any other sources confirming there is no USA 2015?
Are there any other sources confirming there is no USA 2015?
Old high school buddy of mine (that's who I purchased mine from) said they weren't bringing them back in '15.
 
Thanks Toddman. I did some checking for other threads on this forum and found there are a ton (I should have probably checked first before asking the question.) Anyway, kind of sad news. Hopefully they will come back next year which is possible.

In any case, sure am glad I got mine when I did! At the time I didn't even know about these bikes but stumbled across one while surfing the net around 10:30 pm on a Thursday evening. By that Saturday morning I had the last ABS in a five state region in my garage and have been loving it ever since!
 
Australia has not seen a new CB for a couple years now.

Almost June, pretty clear she ain't coming. But. Is she gone for good?
 
Wow....happy and sad at the same time. I just hit the 700 mile mark on my 4 week old CB 1100 standard. I have never enjoyed a motorcycle more. Ever.
Happy I have one, sad that people can't see it's qualities.
Makes me think of my other favorite discontinued Honda, CB 919. wouldn't a black one look nice next to the black 1100? Not that I am squirreling money away and watching craigslist/cycle trader and whatever you do don't tell the wife!
 
Dear Mrs Southwend, ... :D
 
I'm ok with it not being sold here. I can't wait to get home every day to ride it. It's the funnest bike I've had in years.
 
I could not agree more. I look forward to, make excuses to...ride. I assume it is a styling issue because it is an amazing all arounder and in a way it is a shame more people didn't give it a chance. Then again I have the pleasure of making one of the better purchases I have ever made.
Their loss.
 
southwend_imp said:
I could not agree more. I look forward to, make excuses to...ride. I assume it is a styling issue because it is an amazing all arounder and in a way it is a shame more people didn't give it a chance. Then again I have the pleasure of making one of the better purchases I have ever made.
Their loss.
+1
 
Styling wise the bike is very unassuming and people seem to like it. It really does look like an old bike that's been reborn. Personally, I think it more resembles a CBX than a 750. It RUNS like a CBX. Smooth and quiet.
 
Oh well, I have my '14, and would be keeping it for a long time anyway, so I'm happy regardless of what happens.
If there isn't a '15 and beyond at least we have our CB's to enjoy and talk about.
 
It's shocking that Honda can't win in the retro/standard category with this bike, one based on the dominant history of '70's and '80's UJM's. While all of us on the board love, or at least like he CB1100 a lot, Honda has blown it in terms of marketing, accessories, and perhaps, pricing. Triumph, Ducati, BMW have all hit home runs with their retro- inspired machines, and even Guzzi is rolling out new V7 variants. Shame, really. My sense is that Honda will be back in a few years with another stab at the category.
 
It seems like the people who actually lived through it back in the day are the only ones really interested in the CB. Its unbelievable that most in the sport don't seem to even be aware that these were such successful bikes that they lead directly to the development of modern superbikes as well as Honda automobiles, not to mention forcing Harley to get back on their game back in the day (Harley was so desperate they were able to get Uncle Sam to put tariffs on anything larger than 700cc). The CB is the Godfather of sport bikes and has transformed the entire industry. It truly does not get the respect it deserves.
 
Is it just bad marketing or a lack of it? Is it that it appeals only to those of us who lived through the the earlier iteration? I'm not sure it's the latter; there are plenty of members here who are young enough not to remember it. I'm also not sure it's the former, but I've no evidence. My suspicion—sad though it is—is that the bike just doesn't really hit the retro sweet spot that lights people's fires. They mainly want the twin look alikes that preceded the Honda 4.

Can't figure it myself. For me it conjures memories of people who got no real joy from riding but pretended they did. What they really wanted was to sit in a puddle of oil on the garage floor pulling their bike apart so they could put it back together.

Anyway, I'm happy. I've got the modern variant of a bike I always wanted and I think it's wonderful.
 
Back
Top