No 2015?

1100rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My local dealer told me that the 2015 Honda catalog does not list the CB1100 for 2015. Is this the end of an era already?
 
The only '15 models that were positively identified was a small run of EX models with cast wheels for the Japanese market.

As far as the CB11 being gone for good, only time will tell. In the past Honda has skipped a model year or two before reintroducing a bike that wasn't selling in large numbers.

Given the amount of R&D that went into the bike, I wouldn't be surprised if it reappeared in '16 or '17.
 
1100rider_imp said:
My local dealer told me that the 2015 Honda catalog does not list the CB1100 for 2015. Is this the end of an era already?
well, it makes me keep my CB even I haven't ridden it for one year now. Every time I take her out, I feel like she is the prettiest girl I seen
 
This is starting to remind me of the 1989 Hawk GT 650 I once owned. It was a leftover that I bought in 1991 new. Wish I still had it, history has taught me that I will not part with my CB.
 
Yep. GB500, GT650, Rune, W650... Neat bikes that flopped when first introduced but now sought after. It's possible we'll see the CB1100 again, but with all the unsold '13's and '14's, you'd think Honda would think twice about releasing it again. I'll bet this ship has sailed, at least in the U.S.
 
As I mentioned in the other "no 2015" thread, I'm glad this is the case with the CB, short production run. Makes it more exclusive to own one. And most people have absolutely no idea how great this bike is; they just look at the price tag and peak horsepower and say "overpriced, underpowered." I want them to keep thinking that. The CB is one of the biggest hidden secrets in the motorcycle world. And I really don't want many people to know that.

Most have no idea why the CB is priced somewhat high. It's called superior build quality and engineering. You'll notice a lot of other bikes has it's own common "issues" (stator, rectifier, snatchy throttle, tank swelling, shaft drive, random electrical bugs stc). Not so with the CB.
 
The CB1100 is still in Honda's product range here in Europe and in Asia.

For the German market you can order a new one at any Honda shop:
Germany - German

However, in Germany they restricted the model range to the EX model with spoke wheels.

It is just not exported to the USA anymore...
 
Django_imp said:
The CB1100 is still in Honda's product range here in Europe and in Asia.

For the German market you can order a new one at any Honda shop:
Germany - German

However, in Germany they restricted the model range to the EX model with spoke wheels.

It is just not exported to the USA anymore...
What a wonderful "restriction" to have. I wish mine came with wired spoke wheels!
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The CB1100 is still in Honda's product range here in Europe and in Asia.

For the German market you can order a new one at any Honda shop:
Germany - German

However, in Germany they restricted the model range to the EX model with spoke wheels.

It is just not exported to the USA anymore...
What a wonderful "restriction" to have. I wish mine came with wired spoke wheels!
Maybe now you wish you had them, but would you enjoy keeping them clean and polishing them? :dodgy:
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The CB1100 is still in Honda's product range here in Europe and in Asia.

For the German market you can order a new one at any Honda shop:
Germany - German

However, in Germany they restricted the model range to the EX model with spoke wheels.

It is just not exported to the USA anymore...
What a wonderful "restriction" to have. I wish mine came with wired spoke wheels!
Maybe now you wish you had them, but would you enjoy keeping them clean and polishing them? :dodgy:
Maybe now you wish you had them, but would you enjoy keeping them clean and polishing them? :dodgy:
Oh trust me I would do anything for those wired wheels, except for spending $2K.

I own a set of BBS mesh style wheels on my old m3 so I know it can be a pain. I use a toothbrush, a rag and plenty of quick detailer spray.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The CB1100 is still in Honda's product range here in Europe and in Asia.

For the German market you can order a new one at any Honda shop:
Germany - German

However, in Germany they restricted the model range to the EX model with spoke wheels.

It is just not exported to the USA anymore...
What a wonderful "restriction" to have. I wish mine came with wired spoke wheels!
Maybe now you wish you had them, but would you enjoy keeping them clean and polishing them? :dodgy:
Maybe now you wish you had them, but would you enjoy keeping them clean and polishing them? :dodgy:
I wouldn't enjoy that, I'm glad mine has cast wheels.

I do agree with MikeOxbig on production though. I too hope that Honda doesn't bring them over anymore. Hopefully that will stop the bleeding on the resale value of these.
 
Back
Top