New Yamaha

Interesting..another big road burner. Also interesting that they are also getting less than 100 horsepower out of it.
 
Not so keen on number plate side covers, and IMO they should have painted it in the factory Yamaha Black and yellow paint from the 80s. Other than that, it's pretty cool.
 
Well the XJR has been around for years, so it is not really new. I always liked it, and it is very nice to ride. This new take on it, well personally I prefer last year's model. I find this quite tacky, looking like they have added on a bunch of bits here and there that don't really go together.
 
Short Timer_imp said:
I don't think that riding position is my cup of tea.
That's my take. I like the concept, but if I wanted to ride in that position, I would have kept the VFR.
 
I like the black/blue one. The white one with all the bodywork they can keep. But I'd pick the CB over both.

I wonder if it'll be imported to the US.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I like this trend. Like to see Kawasaki and Suzuki follow suit.
Suzuki made the GSX 1400 until 2008, which is almost a carbon copy of the Yamaha XJR 1300. Kawasaki had the ZRX 1200 also similar, but production was stopped at the end of 2007.

I think you had the Kawasaki in the US, but I believe the Suzuki never made it there.

All three are great bikes, but in my opinion they are not the same as the CB. Still, I could have perhaps been convinced for the XJR 1300.
 
As Henrik points out, the XJR isn't exactly new, although it does appear they've made some styling changes for 2015. It's one of the big inline 4 standards (like the CB1300) that have been available in Japan and Europe, but not in North America. From the web link, it doesn't look like it's necessarily coming to North America next year either. Intermot is a European motorcycle show.

Here's a 2012 model
b757e39391606848f081650d339a1f77.jpg


Note : Although the bikes haven't been sold in the U.S., the Yamaha engines from the XJR series are widely used in Legend Car racing.
 
I like the looks of that 2012 a lot better. The new one is kind of cool but yeah I'm not crazy about the side covers or the cafe-ish motif that they've added to it.. I'd rather see people do that stuff in the aftermarket :)

I rode an XJR400 in Japan for a brief time, that was a pretty cool little bike, but I was a total newb and I trashed it.

And it's not likely they'll bring this to the US, but it would be cool if they did. Keep the big standard naked market going! A lot of bikes that are considered naked nowadays don't seem very naked to me, to be honest (cough cough Z1000)
 
Kinda looks like a shop build custom. Almost a Maxim tank, almost Z-1 tach and speedo design, almost an '85 interceptor seat cowl. I agree with redbirds though, I like the direction they're wandering into. I'd rather see early '80s superbike styling with superbike bars rather than clip-ons or clubmans. JMO. Looks awfully close to the discontinued zrx.
 
Back
Top